Shock Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

There our 2011 LC 200 has around 67 K miles.
We drive on roads that has quite some potholes.
I am starting to feel less dampening effect but wondering it could-be tyres as they are sue for replacement.

I was wondering at what miles shocks of LC 200 are being changed assuming truck is driven on road mainly.

Thanks

Jay

The general rule of thumb on shocks and struts is to replace them at 75,000 miles, when you see damage or oil leaks on the shock/strut OR when you push down on a fender, let go and it moves in a way that lets you know the shock is worn out. If you aren't sure, do it to a new car and then your car and it'll become clear.

I got my 200 with 105k miles on it and the first thing I did was put all new OEM shocks on it, as it hadn’t been done in the service history.

Couldn’t tell a difference at all.

The original units are pretty high quality as far as I can tell.

Good point. The general rule on shocks/struts is for the lowest common denominator and weakest link vehicles, which a land cruiser is far from. If you mainly drive on the road, you might get a lot of miles out of a suspension designed for full time off road use.

Shocks are more then just about ride comfort, they affect braking distance too. So you should keep an eye on them.

Good point. The general rule on shocks/struts is for the lowest common denominator and weakest link vehicles, which a land cruiser is far from. If you mainly drive on the road, you might get a lot of miles out of a suspension designed for full time off road use.

Shocks are more then just about ride comfort, they affect braking distance too. So you should keep an eye on them.

I am using the truck 100% on road but we do have bad roads ( potholes).

I agree LC have more heavy duty shocks than usual vehicles.

When worn out, would you see the oil on the shocks ?

Jay

If you see oil, the shock/strut has blown a seal and it's time to replace them. There are other types of visible damage that would require replacement like broken mounts, etc...

Your shocks/struts can be worn out with no oil leaks or visible signs of damage.

YouTube and Google are probably good resources for the fender test for shocks or how to tell if your shocks are bad.

I have a set of shocks and spring from a 2013 free plus shipping. I’m in S. California

Under 30,000 mall crawling miles. I’d rather give them away then trash them. So I’ve been holding on to them.

I'd love to have them as my LC has 111K miles and came from up north. I'll gladly pay for shipping. Let me know..thanks.

120k miles on original shocks for me. Still as smooth as when I bought the truck with 35k on it. Lots of gravel road driving too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom