Shifter / Tranny Cover. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
Just posting this for Archie to see what the transmission cover area is supposed to look like. The transmission tower is visible through the hump, there is a thick square gasket that seals that area. The brake/transfer boot was leather, all of mine have been painted body color. The flat lever with trapdoor is for the PTO. :)
tower.JPG

There's nothing around the transmission tower. Just the rubber boot on the tower itself. Then there's the square rubber gasket between the transmission hump and the tower.

Jim I think Archie was talking about the mark at the top and just to the right which is just a mark. I hope I don't have the wrong shift levers. Mine are smooth. Now you're probably going to tell me my transmission shift boot isn't stock.

John
Img_0362.jpg

:D
Living in the Past said:
Jim I think Archie was talking about the mark at the top and just to the right which is just a mark. I hope I don't have the wrong shift levers. Mine are smooth. Now you're probably going to tell me my transmission shift boot isn't stock.

Just to the left of the PTO lever? That is a screw, damn extra sheetmetal screws and holes all over this thing. :D

And your boot isn't stock! I need the heat, that's why I left mine all ripped open. :rolleyes:

The holes in the cover work as a great heater. If I keep the windows zipped up I don't get much heat. If I zip the windows open the heat just pours in. So when it's hot out you leave the windows closed and when it's cold you zip then open. Not to bad in the winter bad sucks in the summer.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom