Sheep's Crossing 4/22

Where:
SE Corner Pima/Cavecreek Road
Time:
0900 tomorrow morning.
Who:
Open to all.
Description:
Expecting this run to be stocker friendly. We plan to head toward Horseshoe dam where we will cross the river. Then head north to Sheep's Crossing. I have never been this way (I've only taken 7 springs to bloody basin and over to Sheep's Crossing). I understand this way is shorter and more scenic.

Last edited:
Looks like me and at least half of the kids are going to make it. Always a fun trip.

Where are you meeting up?

medtro

Looks like me and at least half of the kids are going to make it. Always a fun trip.

Where are you meeting up?
I believe he mentioned "Pima/Carefree hiway" in the first post.

on my map those roads don't come together. Assuming they do, are we meeting at the actual intersection or should we pick a corner? Say south west corner?

Run Update

I updated the meet up spot in the first post. I would also like to add some information from Phil...

SRP is releasing water tomorrow and the crossing at Horseshoe will not be possible.

I suggest, we take 7 springs road up to Sheep's Crossing. It is a longer drive up 7 springs (and more sedans), with many side trails to explore...When 7 springs intersects with the Bloody basin trail, we head south/east on FS269. Eventually we get there...

I missed this one!!! Damn!!
I love camping out around there.. As long as there isn't too many people hanging out around the bridge it's a decent place to park the cruiser and float on the river! Never mind the Heeps :rolleyes: they like to follow me arround in case they get stuck.. they have a real 4x to pull them out.. :grinpimp: :steer:

Attachments

It didn't happen...but it was nice to meet Pete. Hopefully, I will bring my kids next time! I mean, if we ever really go to sheep's crossing.

Mr. Fulton is always fun to ride with too. I like watching that vintage LC cruising down a desert trail.

Top Bottom