Shakey Mirror Separation Technique (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Read through the FAQ on the shakey mirror and I guess I'm missing something.:eek:
What is the "proper" technique to seperate the two halves as I believe I must have done it incorrectly.:censor: :doh:
The 'folcrums' remained on the mirror portion when I seperated the halves and I ripped a boot in half. Not sure what I did 'wrong' but I may need additional guidence on this procedure. :hmm: :rolleyes:
About to do the DS and I don't want to bung this up any more than I already have.
Thanks,
:cool:

Read through the FAQ on the shakey mirror and I guess I'm missing something.:eek:
What is the "proper" technique to seperate the two halves as I believe I must have done it incorrectly.:censor: :doh:
The 'folcrums' remained on the mirror portion when I seperated the halves and I ripped a boot in half. Not sure what I did 'wrong' but I may need additional guidence on this procedure. :hmm: :rolleyes:
About to do the DS and I don't want to bung this up any more than I already have.
Thanks,

If I read this correctly you probably did what I did. In one of the shakey mirror threads there is some good pics of it seperated and pics of what I did wrong. Not sure if it is the same thread int he FAQ

Dunno- Pretty self explan w/ out faq- Just repaired a broken pivot post yesterday-- screw from access hole underneath- remove glass- 4 screws on skeleton frame and one outside @ window side to remove cover in halves- no boot inside there- just wire sheath for motor
took 15 min for entire repair

Dunno- Pretty self explan w/ out faq- Just repaired a broken pivot post yesterday-- screw from access hole underneath- remove glass- 4 screws on skeleton frame and one outside @ window side to remove cover in halves- no boot inside there- just wire sheath for motor
took 15 min for entire repair

Huh, what?:confused:
From what I'm gathering from the FAQ, you shouldn't have to separate the motor halves as retrofive ended up doing.
On mine, the 'fulcrums' did not come out of the mirror but came out of the motor.
Is this bad? Do I just push them pack in?
The main point is, do I just pull the motor away from the mirror(like I did on the PS mirror) or is there another trick I'm missing? I don't want to screw this up any more than I have to.:doh: :bang:
Thanks and onward,

I just shoved mine back in. They are not perfect as far as alignment between using your switch and the mirror position but works. BTW my mirrors still shake :mad: I need to tear them apart again and really fix, just low on the priority list.

If you don't fix soon, we can try and break mine and yours at the next camp fire :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom