SHACKLE BLUES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Patiently waited seven weeks for my lift kit to arrive only to have rear shackle kit boxed with mismatched parts. Looks like front shackle plates with rear shackle plates. Bummer! Rest of kit looks top notch. This will be my first OME kit hope it is good as I hear it is. Not impressed with a + spring bundled with 0 springs. I thought OME matched the spring rates all 0, +, or - . I will put the + on the drivers side.

OME KIT.jpg

OME SPRINGS.jpg

SHACKLE.jpg

Well I was not going to name who I purchased this kit from but since the customer service does not exist. Ordered kit the last week of August and received kit last week. I was patient knowing that supplies are backed up. But I need this resolved and to date do not have a answer from Cruiser Corps on how they are going to resolve this problem. Phone number goes direct to voice mail. One email was answered saying they did not get my pictures but only after I asked if they got my email. Hope they make this right I need to get my cruiser put back together.

A call to cruiser outfitters should set you straight. As far as getting cruiser corps on the line to fix their mistakes, can’t say much. I’ve ordered small bits from them. Cruiser outfitters, as far as I’m concerned, have cornered the American market on OME kits for the land cruisers.

A call to cruiser outfitters should set you straight. As far as getting cruiser corps on the line to fix their mistakes, can’t say much. I’ve ordered small bits from them. Cruiser outfitters, as far as I’m concerned, have cornered the American market on OME kits for the land cruisers.
I think so, I just looked at the web site and they have the parts I need. Sucks I will be out $$ plus shipping for parts I already paid for.

I think so, I just looked at the web site and they have the parts I need. Sucks I will be out $$ plus shipping for parts I already paid for.
Their customer service is top notch. They always answer when they’re at the shop. They always answer the emails and have always offered me help above and beyond what is expected. If they have the part I will always go to them first. @cruiseroutfit for the win!

Patiently waited seven weeks for my lift kit to arrive only to have rear shackle kit boxed with mismatched parts. Looks like front shackle plates with rear shackle plates. Bummer! Rest of kit looks top notch. This will be my first OME kit hope it is good as I hear it is. Not impressed with a + spring bundled with 0 springs. I thought OME matched the spring rates all 0, +, or - . I will put the + on the drivers side.
Aren't they the same shackle piece front and back? I'd like to see a photo of what you're looking for.

Aren't they the same shackle piece front and back? I'd like to see a photo of what you're looking for.
No the rear is longer then the front shackle. They are two piece shackles one side is threaded for the pin/bolt the other the bolt slides though with a nut to secure. In the pic the bottom piece is a rear shackle plate and the top is a front shackle plate. So yo can see the holes do not align.
SHACKLE.jpg

I'm in the same exact situation. Bought the kit from Cruiser Corp in late August and I have the same problems with the rear shackles. I was also sent two "B" rear springs and have a lean to the driver's side. I'm guessing that I should have received an "A" and a "B" to prevent this. I sent this into Julissa at Cruiser Corp and this was her response:

Thank you for the pics and all the information.
I do apologize for the delay, I am currently working from home!
I can either go ahead and reach out to ARB but because we do not stock them here, you could also contact them, explain which side it's leaning more towards and they would be able to provide you the plates you need. They're not included on the lift kits as they are not always needed. Again, I can absolutely contact them, just need your details of the lean and possibly a couple of pics to show them as well.

I reached to ARB yesterday to see what can be done and will post here is I'm able to get a resolution

Matt

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

If I’m not mistaken the factory shackles are about 1/4” difference front to back.

I ordered a set of “aftermarket factory spec” shackles from cruiser outfitters and used them for about two years before I was able to install the lift kit. The fronts were taller than the rears by a small amount.

I’m running an old man emu lift kit I got from cruiser outfitters. The shackles are not OME. They’re an aftermarket greaseable shackle that’s are identical to the OME kit. I don’t have my calipers on me or I would measure them for you now.

I’d get on the horn with @cruiseroutfit and chat with them. Maybe Kurt will chime in here soon with his thoughts.

I'm in the same exact situation. Bought the kit from Cruiser Corp in late August and I have the same problems with the rear shackles. I was also sent two "B" rear springs and have a lean to the driver's side. I'm guessing that I should have received an "A" and a "B" to prevent this. I sent this into Julissa at Cruiser Corp and this was her response:

Thank you for the pics and all the information.
I do apologize for the delay, I am currently working from home!
I can either go ahead and reach out to ARB but because we do not stock them here, you could also contact them, explain which side it's leaning more towards and they would be able to provide you the plates you need. They're not included on the lift kits as they are not always needed. Again, I can absolutely contact them, just need your details of the lean and possibly a couple of pics to show them as well.

I reached to ARB yesterday to see what can be done and will post here is I'm able to get a resolution

Matt

View attachment 2821957

View attachment 2821958

View attachment 2821959

View attachment 2821960
I would trade you plates but we need the same part. Two rear unthreaded plates. I just ordered a new set from Cruiser Outfitters, in stock. $170 with shipping ouch!! Julissa emailed me today asking for a pic of the SKU number, already sent pics last week of wrong part. If this ever gets resolved I will sell the replacement set. I asked for $150.00 refund but no word on that. First and last time I will order parts that get dropped shipped from the manufacture. Tracking my order was a complete joke, had to download some useless app that never worked. Funny we have the same digital calipers.

View attachment 2818145

View attachment 2818146

View attachment 2818147
Get on the phone with ARB, rattle some cages. Let them know CruiserCorps misrepresented their product. They kinda did without telling a lie. I was going to buy a full interior from them and had everything ready to purchase, I got some bad short emails from Julissa so I said bye. I think she is the last one employed there. Asked basic black and white questions with disgust in the response. Guess she didn’t want to get off the couch.

Separate note about to purchase this same kit, sent email with what I needed and Cruiser Outfitters responded Monday am with precise email. I’d give them a call and see if they can expedite getting the parts to you to get your cruiser on the ground. May have to eat a few hundred but pleasure and pain. Hell with their pull maybe they can work to get your parts swapped for you working direct with ARB???…

Good News!! I hope!! I contacted ARB USA directly through their website phone number (866-293-9078). After a quick 10 minute chat with Don in their Tech Dept. he is sending me a new rear shackle kit as well as a pair of rear leaf springs to try and address the driver side lean. He said that he will include a return slip and that I can just send back whatever I don't use to get it fixed. The direct number to their Tech Dept. is 425-264-1391. I tried to send a message through ARB's "contact us" last week, but decided to give them a call when I didn't hear back. Hopefully the correct parts come in and I can get the truck squared away. Either way, I am impressed with ARB's willingness to make it right as much as I'm disappointed in Cruiser Corp's unwillingness to take care of their customer. Hope this info helps Rgill!! Good Luck!

Good News!! I hope!! I contacted ARB USA directly through their website phone number (866-293-9078). After a quick 10 minute chat with Don in their Tech Dept. he is sending me a new rear shackle kit as well as a pair of rear leaf springs to try and address the driver side lean. He said that he will include a return slip and that I can just send back whatever I don't use to get it fixed. The direct number to their Tech Dept. is 425-264-1391. I tried to send a message through ARB's "contact us" last week, but decided to give them a call when I didn't hear back. Hopefully the correct parts come in and I can get the truck squared away. Either way, I am impressed with ARB's willingness to make it right as much as I'm disappointed in Cruiser Corp's unwillingness to take care of their customer. Hope this info helps Rgill!! Good Luck!
That is great info. So Cruiser Outfitters got me back on track with new shackles and a install kit for the rear shocks. Cruiser Corps to date has done absolutely nothing, however my credit card company refunded me the cost of shackles and shipping from the amount I paid to Cruiser Corps.

That is great info. So Cruiser Outfitters got me back on track with new shackles and a install kit for the rear shocks. Cruiser Corps to date has done absolutely nothing, however my credit card company refunded me the cost of shackles and shipping from the amount I paid to Cruiser Corps.
Sounds like you are taken care of! I'll post when I finish with my solution. Either way, I'm done with Cruiser Corp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom