SFLC 2014 Wintery Mix (5-7 December) at Uwharrie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look forward to seeing you guys again this year! I might actually get some time on the trails for this trip!

Still looking to leave BEFORE lunch on Friday so I can set up camp at the GROUP CAMP C well before dark. Rebooting passenger CV axle and running down powersteering leak but otherwise will be there unless I find something catastrophic that cant be risked. Bringing puppy so not sure if I will run the trails but will be relaxing and enjoying the cool temps and eating otherwise. :)

I'd like to see Brock take Dickey Bell in his new Vette.

I cant go tomorrow...dog needed surgery today instead of as scheduled in another week and wife cant help her get out to go to bathroom for next 24 hours...she is only 6 months...but is 65# and wife has bad lower back. So regrettfully I am going to have to cancel my trip.

The Badin Group Camp "C" is paid for...please use it if you want. Just tell the caretaker that Ron Herman rented it and has not shown up yet but is on his way. ;) Hope you all have a great time....I was really looking forward to this rain or shine as not been able to get away like this since LAST YEARS Wintery Mix when we took my grand daughter and she got filthy playing with Brian and Heathers two girls...hahahaha.

Play hard and play safe...hope to see you soon.

Man, I'm sorry to hear this! I hope your dog's surgery goes okay. Dang… Gotta get you out next year.

Glad I went last year with grand daughter and wife and that is when we first really met you and your father.... Please use the campground as it is paid for. Talked with Clayton today and he is heading up to camp there. Jamie from Sparks Toyota is going up but think he is staying over in Arrowhead with his camper...think slot 36. Sure he will swing by to say hello though. If the woman comes around (her husband passed last year) just tell her you are there with Ron Herman and he will be back or there later. Sorry I had to miss it but between dog and then got called into office this morning for meeting and got home after 1pm....was bound to happen. Wish I would have held off on getting Lexus worked on yesterday an new CV Boots installed......just for this trip. :)

Wife has a family emergency... I'll only be able to go up for the day tomorrow. I plan to leave first thing in the morning and head back when it starts getting dark. Stinks, but I'm grateful just to get up there and do some wheeling. It's going to be raining - I'll have the GoPro taking vids of folks getting stuck. I might be one of them, who knows...

The damage done was much worse this year!

image.jpg

That's not good.....

Everything go all right for the trip back to SC Jeremy?

Hi Brian! Yessir, thanks for asking. The tow truck driver was really cool for the first 15 minutes. I'm sure he was cool the rest of the time, but I passed out and slept for the remainder of the 4 hour drive. :meh: It's going to be towed to LexTech in the morning. The inside is pretty caked in mud - I sure do hate mud!

This kills me to see, and the caked mud on the inside!!!!!!! I need to go take my anxiety meds.

OMG, Michael, it's not just on the floor… It's on the seats, the carpet, the dashboard… And not just the plastic parts, it's on the buttons and the steering wheel! Leaves, sticks, and rocks, too.

It was real slick up there. Jamie TRD sparks said the week before he did damage to his truck in the dry just on Dickie Bell because of how rutted out it was.

We wheeled wolfs dens and falls dam trails both ways and there was a lot of sliding around. We turned around on wolfs den at one point because it was too slick to make a short climb.

Glad I went, nice to see Jamie and my Citadel classmate.

I texted him some pictures. :)

Clayton, sorry I missed you up there! I spent all of my time at the barn or on the trail. I only intended to go up for the day as we have some stress in our family going on right now. Sounds like you enjoyed the wheeling, though. It was slick but fun.

@CharlestonG8R Was that your 100 I saw at Lex Tech yesterday? We are camping at James Island and I saw a nice 100 with front and rear bumpers. Figured it had to be on mud.

Hey Tad, yessir! It was mine. I picked it up around 3:00. Welcome to Charleston! Hope the camping was/is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom