SOLD SF Bay Area: Planted Seat Bracket, Wiring Misc for 200 Series Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheLCProject

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Selling the remnants of my effort to install a Scheel-Mann seat in my LX570.

Specifically, selling a planted seat bracket for a 200 series land cruiser, airbag light defeat dongle from Brads Hacks, a wiring harness from a donor LX570 driver seat, driver inner seat belt receptacle, and a seat slide position sensor.

This is all you'll need to replace your 200 series land cruiser - just bring the aftermarket seat (modification to bracket might be needed for Corbeau seats, but not for Scheel-Mann.

The seat bracket is lowered 2" or so over their traditional offering.

$125 for it all. $100 without the seatbelt receptacle. Can ship.
PXL_20220617_230926277.jpg

PXL_20220616_004645431.jpg

PXL_20220613_215829646.jpg

Last edited:
I see that LS430:cool:

You can tell that from the photo alone? Jesus--good eyes.

And, I love that LS430. I think I love it more knowing that my wife hates it and it's currently her car to drive. She thinks the LX570 is a better ride though.

I really wish you were closer. I want one of these seats so bad.

What issues did you have trying to bypass the sensors?

It's all resolved currently (the sensors/airbag light issues).

For the driver seat, you will get an airbag light on the dash for any and all of the three things:
  1. Inner seatbelt wiring not going through the harness that is integral to the factory seat (this harness actually splits the seat belt wiring to go to both the ECU/dash and central airbag ECU
  2. Front seat slide position sensor (used for seat memory but also reports to the central airbag ECU, perhaps for airbag deployment attenuation or delay depending on seat position)
  3. The seat side squib airbag (also reports to the central airbag ECU)
I've "defeated" all of these with the following measures (in order as presented above): new factory inner seat belt assembly plugged into a donor seat wiring harness, a donor seat slide position sensor plugged into the donor seat wiring harness, and a 2-ohm airbag resistor "dongle".

All would be included in the sale if the buyer is using the seat for a 200.

The passenger seat replacement has all of the same issues but is further complicated by the occupancy sensor but it out of scope for my efforts.

With all of that being said, I don't know how the airbag system would be affected in the event of a real accident by the countermeasures, specifically the seat slide position sensor and airbag dongle. The unknown is even more pronounced if there is an airbag light on the dash.

Is that really worth is for some improved ergonomics for a vehicle that I'm clearly too big for? For me, as an OCD engineer type: no. I'll trust Toyota engineers on this matter instead.

Essentially what is being sold here is a completely plug and play like-new Scheel-Mann setup for a 200 series land cruiser/lx570..for far less than the cost of just the Scheel-mann seat alone.

Tempting. Did @DRRichey get further than you did? I need some tall guy love.

Ah yes, I believe I did make me it farther. And the seat bracket I have is real tall guy love. And extra two inches down. The regular planted bracket matches the original seat height..so there's not point in just that if you're looking for headroom.

I got the driver side done. No warning lights. Apparently full function.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom