Selling my BJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. Thought I'd post this here since it seems to be one of the more active BC clubs.

The time is coming to sell my beloved 78 BJ40. I posted in the CC forum about hemming and hawing over it but after 14 years of ownership, it's time.

Not a great time to sell so I'm probably going to wait to list it once things open up a bit more for travel. But I can send pics and give more details to anyone who is interested in the meantime. All stock, original B, was restored before I bought it so has new tub and fenders but rusty windshield frame, running boards, front apron. Probably be priced in the mid teens but I need to do some more research

IMG_20140223_114926.jpg

mid teens seems low based on current prices... even though it’s outside of my budget.

GLWS... although I could not do it. Came close but I’m past that point in life. Now I’ll finish it and enjoy it for years to come.

Do you have close up's of truck? Any other work done to it? Would you be open to shipping?
I don't but can probably get some. It's currently stashed beside the garage blocked from getting out by a pile of snow! I forgot that there is a dime sized hole rust spot in the hood above the battery from when a friend replaced the battery but it wasn't all the way down and "welded" the hole. Le sigh!

Front seats were professionally recovered before I got it with a nice velour fabric keeping the factory stitching.

The vacuum canister needs replacing, it seems way smaller than original and not as effective.

It is very stock and original. Back heater is no longer there. Motor is tired, as a motor that's 43 years old would be lol. Is a bit smokey if you don't keep the glow plugs on for the first 20s (blue smoke, not white). Oil pump sometimes is challenged to prime after restarting on a hot day. I had intended to put a 13BT in it once the B gave up but it just keeps going!

Shipping as in how far? I have a Delica coming from the Island in a few weeks so it could potentially be on the truck going back that way. Not really interested in shipping out of province (or to Sweden, but assume your profile needs an update, lol)

It is very stock and original.

Shipping as in how far? I have a Delica coming from the Island in a few weeks so it could potentially be on the truck going back that way. Not really interested in shipping out of province (or to Sweden, but assume your profile needs an update, lol)

Stock and original would make it easier to pass the yearly inspections here...

Sweden or Denmark... But the Dane's have half locked the border for some reason... Which is rather annoying.

Still for sale!