SOLD Selling my 2018 Tuff Stuff Base Camp Overland Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Selling my 2019 Tuff Stuff Base Camp Overland Trailer, this trailer is fully upgraded and completely solar-ready. This overlanding beast includes a full camp kitchen with sink/faucet, tons of waterproof storage compartments, built-in led lighting, a 17-gallon water tank, 12v electric water pump and a large rear slide out for fridge/cooler or generator storage with 2 separate 12V receptacles built-in. Added under-tent storage area has a huge amount of storage for just about anything. At 43″ x 39.3″ x 6.7″ deep

The Tuff Stuff Overland Base Camp trailer includes very capable independent swing arm suspension, heavy-duty shocks and limiting straps. This feature provides ample clearance to get over any obstacle, provides great approach & departure angles and best of all- no axle to get hung up on. Couple these with the fully articulating hitch receiver and this trailer will go places no trailer should… A max tire size of 31″ is made possible by our high clearance fenders and built-in electric brakes for stopping your trailer on those extreme declines, keeping your vehicle’s brakes safe and reliable.

The command center of the Tuff Stuff Overland Trailer has been completely upgraded to include a 1000W inverter, new Victron MPPT 100-20 Solar Controller, new Victron BMV-712 battery monitor, 110AH via 2 Optima “blue top” AGM batteries and a new CTEK onboard battery charger/shore power unit (batteries installed in April of 2020). All Victron equipment is Bluetooth capable to ease in monitoring of your solar production/needs. Trailer easily hooks up to a generator shore power outlet or solar panels, setup is super easy. A 100W semi-flexible solar panel is included.

Enjoy a nice hot shower after your day of adventuring, another upgrade option that is not offered from the factory that has been added to this trailer.

The lockable rear generator/refrigerator storage is easily accessible using the large pull-out drawer. The door is completely wired with LED’s and an exhaust fan to keep your refrigerator cool and out of the elements on your next adventure. The sliding storage drawer also includes 6 tie-down loops to secure your load on the trail.

This trailer also includes the optional Tuff Stuff Ranger 3-person tent with Annex Room and 8’ awning.

A large tongue box storage area has also been added, just in case you wanted additional storage for your cassette toilet instead of having it in your rig.

This trailer is currently registered in AZ as a utility trailer with permanent tags. There will be NO DMV registration issues with this trailer like you might have with other overland trailers.

Detailed tech-specs are on the TuffStuff4x4 dot com website along with more pics. Message me for additional details or photos.

Weight: 1654 lbs

Dimensions: 143 x 74 x 55 in

Selling my overland dream trailer because I put down a deposit on a Class B Sprinter and will be towing my 79 Land Crusier with the van.

Located in Phoenix, AZ $15,000

tuff-stuff-ranger-roof-top-tent-annex-room-3-person-814723_2000x.jpg
tuff-stuff-basecamp-trailer-616502_2000x.jpg
IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_1018.jpg
tuff-stuff-basecamp-trailer-trailer-tuff-stuff-overland-500139_2000x.jpg

Hey Sheppard. I hope you don’t mind me reaching out but I came across your listing and am intrigued by the upgrades you added to your Base Camp trailer. I just purchased the 2020 version and will likely be looking to add some addition features as well. I’m curious if you did the upgrades due to issues with the OEM parts or if you just needed a more serious set up? I mostly plan to use ours to store all our gear and make it easier to just hook up and get out of town. I was torn between the Tuff Stuff or one called a Turtleback. I liked the functionality of the Tuff Stuff but felt the Turtleback was better built. The Turtle back was also almost twice as expensive... Given we are not looking to go extreme overlanding I felt the Tuff Stuff was a better starter trailer.

Couple questions:

- Was the shower set-up hard to create? Any tips?
- I’m a bit of a novice but in looks like to made some significant upgrades to the power center. I would really like to just be Abel to charge the batter buy pugging it in. Been researching but figured I would ask how you did that.
- How did the stove work? I am really skeptical that 6000 BTU’s isn’t going to perform well. Did you consider upgrading that?
- I found a forum with some owners who said they upgraded the jockey wheel and coupler. You agree?

I have lot’s of other questions but don’t want to pester you. I live in Gilbert. I wish I would have seen your add when you had that thing for sale...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hey Sheppard. I hope you don’t mind me reaching out but I came across your listing and am intrigued by the upgrades you added to your Base Camp trailer. I just purchased the 2020 version and will likely be looking to add some addition features as well. I’m curious if you did the upgrades due to issues with the OEM parts or if you just needed a more serious set up? I mostly plan to use ours to store all our gear and make it easier to just hook up and get out of town. I was torn between the Tuff Stuff or one called a Turtleback. I liked the functionality of the Tuff Stuff but felt the Turtleback was better built. The Turtle back was also almost twice as expensive... Given we are not looking to go extreme overlanding I felt the Tuff Stuff was a better starter trailer.

Couple questions:

- Was the shower set-up hard to create? Any tips?
- I’m a bit of a novice but in looks like to made some significant upgrades to the power center. I would really like to just be Abel to charge the batter buy pugging it in. Been researching but figured I would ask how you did that.
- How did the stove work? I am really skeptical that 6000 BTU’s isn’t going to perform well. Did you consider upgrading that?
- I found a forum with some owners who said they upgraded the jockey wheel and coupler. You agree?

I have lot’s of other questions but don’t want to pester you. I live in Gilbert. I wish I would have seen your add when you had that thing for sale...

Thanks in advance for any info.
Hey AZMatt, I’d be happy to go through the updates I made to my old trailer and share the errors. I have additional photos that may also prove useful. The best and easiest update was adding the shore power. I’ll PM you my cell so we can chat this weekend and I can send pictures easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom