Seeking Shop Recommendations for an Engine Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@NCFJ is our resident LS swap expert, he’s in NC somewhere and has lots of posts on here illustrating his work/projects

Stan (NCFJ) mentioned above is in Chesne SC if the distance is not prohibitive. There are a couple shops in RDU as well with LS experience. @Keep may be able to offer a local suggestion.

agreed with the above, make the drive, hes proven while the others are not.

I appreciate the kind words guys. Thank you!

Stan (NCFJ) mentioned above is in Chesne SC if the distance is not prohibitive. There are a couple shops in RDU as well with LS experience. @Keep may be able to offer a local suggestion.
Seems like all roads point to Stan! Thanks for the reccos, fellas. After I posted this last night, I sent him a PM and he gave me some solid advice and direction. Hat tip to Stan. Unfortunately, he also mentioned he's got an engine swap project backlog (which is a testament to his work I guess). In the meantime, I'll just have to nurse this 3FE back to health...and baby my A440F. : \

Seems like all roads point to Stan! Thanks for the reccos, fellas. After I posted this last night, I sent him a PM and he gave me some solid advice and direction. Hat tip to Stan. Unfortunately, he also mentioned he's got an engine swap project backlog (which is a testament to his work I guess). In the meantime, I'll just have to nurse this 3FE back to health...and baby my A440F. : \

Stan is definitely the way to go if you want turnkey, top of the line work. If you can't wait, and are a glutton for punishment (like me), do it yourself. I learned a lot and had fun in the process.

While you nurse the 3fe you could work on other parts of the truck and gather parts for the swap

If you order all the parts you need for the LS swap right now you might get lucky and get them shipped to you in 12 months.

I am still waiting on parts I ordered since mid November for my 4bt swap.

I don’t know what your time line is but keep that in mind.

I was pissed about dropping almost $6k in parts for a project I won’t be able to get to for another 12 months it’s looking like. But I knew that if I didn’t order the parts then I would just have to wait longer and longer. these are all factors you need to consider right now due to all these shortages we got going on - THANKS OBAMA!!! Hahaha

Definitely figure out
How much you want to spend? If money is not an issues then disregard all I have written.
How soon do you want it done? If the answer is in the near future then definitely start getting a list together of parts you want and or need and start ordering because chances are you will be waiting on delivery for a while.

Thanks again guys.

The pace may be picking up a bit here in the next month or so. An experienced mechanic is interested in coming to work with me and will be coming for a visit in the next couple weeks. I am burnt out on "helpers" that I end up spending too much time baby sitting rather than turning wrenches myself.

If he works out and I can convince Nathan to come intern for the Summer the pace should pick up considerably. Keeping my hopes positive.

If you order all the parts you need for the LS swap right now you might get lucky and get them shipped to you in 12 months.

I am still waiting on parts I ordered since mid November for my 4bt swap.

-I ordered 3 sets of 80 series springs last August, they just landed.

-I waited four months for adapters between trans & T case

I used to be able to get almost all I need from a hand full of sources, no longer.
I spend easily double the time chasing parts. To the point I now "invest" in far more inventory. Things like adapters, shifter kits, springs, on and on I order 3-5 at a time. I found 60 series rad overflow and wind wash bottles, snapped up 5 each. I've got 3 Ron Davis radiators currently in stock.

Point is, just as Del said, you must plan it out. If I had 3-4 mechanics turning wrenches here, I'd need another person chasing parts at least 15-20 hours a week. I'm told it is all Covid and Supply Chain related.......

Sitting here right now ordering odds and ends....... and BSing here :)

Last edited:
Yep the 4L80E trans to no205 tcase form advance adaptors just landed at my front door. WOOHOO!!!! Just had to wait 6 months.

@cruisermatt is a bit farther away but he does damn good work. His ls mounts are being purchased by lots of the big name shops to speed up their projects.

I think he said he had a 2 month turnaround. Send him a note.

Stan is the man for this as many have said, plus he has been active in ONSC for a long time.

I'd give him a ring or drop a line.

Just figure out what LS or LT engine you want with what trans combo.

The 6, 8 and 10 speed gm autos are very easy to come by these days and are worlds ahead of the old 4 speeds. There are stand alones for all of them now aswell as adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom