Seattle area Appraiser Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a qualified auto appraiser who understands the value of a restored, rebuilt cherry 1988 Landcruiser. Mine was destroyed by a drunk driver while parked in front of my house over a month ago and Geico Insurance will not accept the dozen comparables I produced, from several weeks of work locally ,and which included six actual visits to test drive the locally available cars and meet the owners and and references for a dozen other buyers and sellers!
I do not want to accept the mere pittance they are offering in totalling the car, * ( It IS "Totaled", sadly ) and am looking for qualified authorized appraiser who knows the market for these choice cars (which my attorney says is the ONLY way I am not going to be cheated by this stingy dishonest insurance company.)They have seen this site, and hundreds of comparables for sale on all the sites and have conclusive indication that I am right- they are simply crooked!! Buyer Beware!). My truck had everything -45,000 miles on a factory rebuilt engine, new shocks, tires, water pump, fuel pump new radiator, hoses and new exhaust. Toyota parts, most-new- no rust,red original paint, great body. Only 150,000 miles overall. A rusted and wrecked piece of junk sold at a dealership here for about $5900 apparently and they are trying to use that for a comparable in spite of all the differences in the boatload of info I gave them including sending three actually available to me from $8500-10,000, to my garage for check out and comparison to mine. All were in lesser condition and will require 3 or 4 thousand dollars worth of work to bring up to the standard of my old cruiser. Authorized auto appraiser is the key here! Fee. Phone 206 282 2114

You need to call USAA, hopefully you're a veteran of the armed forces, if not, you can probably still call and talk to them, as their collector car insurance is contracted out through another company.

Go to USAA.com and get their number. It is well worth the time it takes. Ask for the collector car appraisal/insurance "people".

Good luck, and **** Geico.

prolly won't help. We are just outside Seattle

our 88 fj62 was totaled last spring, 340,000 miles, a few dings here and there, interior not bad, no rust, tires 30%, it did have alot of work done before I got it, but it wasn';t perfect or close to it by any means and needed some work(oh and it had just been stolen 4 months earlier)

Once it was determined the 62 was a total Amica's 1st offer was $8900, which included me getting the old 62 back for $500, so $9400 was what we effectively got. Frankly I was hopping for 5k.....so we JUMPED on the 1st offer.....prolly could have gotten them up a bit more.....but why push it?

Supposedly they went by market value, cause book was WAY less. I did supply LOTS of pics and info as to the condition prior to the accident, don't know if it helped or if they even cared.

We replaced it with a MINT one owner 90 fj62 for $5500....it came up for sale in town right after ours got hit.....hows that for timing?

Sorry no help as to an apraiser :( wish I could do it for ya.

Good luck

Less than a month ago I FOUGHT with State farm. I had my 88 Ford F-350 Centurion stolen and they offered me 5K I told the adjuster he had lost his mind. Look at your policy and see what it says if it says equivelent or equal value replacement that is what they have to provide. I contacted a lawyer and notified them they in turn hired an appraiser I had provided them with receipts for the powerstroke conversion, lift, tire and winch. I looked up Centurions for sale on the net and printed off several. I then contacted the office of the insurance commissioner for the state of washington and talked to one of his represenatives (very helpfull). Tell the insurance company you want an appraised value. Do you have receipts for any work accomplished? My insurance went thru a appraiser at a custom car place here in spokane and he was very knowledgable and I think the settlement I received was more than accaeptable. Your appraisal should be easy as your vehicle can be seen mine was gone and he did it from picturs and receipts. I used my centurion to tow my buggy and also as a vehicle to transport hunters for the outfitter I work for DON"T GIVE IN MY COMPANY SETTLED RIGHT BEFORE GOING TO COURT!!!!!! Good luck

Non Illegitimatum Carborundum...Don't let the Bastards grind you down. I would write a letter to the insurance commissioner and send it registered. I'm sure it varies from state to state, but here in Missouri, the State ins commission has been very helpful. They will at least send the insusance company a letter and that will more than likely get their attention :flipoff2:. They do not want to rack up a bunch of complaints. As far as your appraisal, have you called TLCA?
Good Luck,
Ed

What about just buying an extra added-value endorsement for your own insurance. That way the replacement value of the vehicle is determined before its stolen or totaled. Anyone looked into this? Putting 20k value on my 76 pig will cost the $999/6months. That seems like alot to me and makes me want to take my chances. Opinions?

[quote author=drohweder link=board=1;threadid=8215;start=msg69913#msg69913 date=1070328778]
What about just buying an extra added-value endorsement for your own insurance. That way the replacement value of the vehicle is determined before its stolen or totaled. Anyone looked into this? Putting 20k value on my 76 pig will cost the $999/6months. That seems like alot to me and makes me want to take my chances. Opinions?
[/quote]

After having my '40 vandlized and having it totalled for $3000, I did just what Dan is suggesting. Didn't cost that much, either, here in ID. I just had my local body guy sign a letter that said it was worth $18000, and I get to pay a little more for a lot more peaceful sleep at night. 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom