seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We use my '96 for long road trips. Coming home this past Sunday, we wondered if we could replace the front seats with some that are more comfortable.

I'm 6' 2". The seats in the '96 seem more comfortable than those in a friend's '91. I think the bottom is longer in mine. makes me wonder if they got better post '96.

Are the LX seats more comfy? How about the 100's? Any install issues?

Anyone have any experience putting aftermarket seats in a FZJ80?.

I have power seats (leather) if that matters.

We'll be driving from Southern Cal to Seattle for the next holidays, so this is a hot topic for us.

Thanks, Ed

Sparco had seats. I also saw several Cruiser internet retailers with TRD ones. Not sure how comfy it is.

Ed,

All the 93-97 electric seats are the same, including those in the LX. Supposedly, the leather in the LX is a higher grade and softer though I don't think that is what you're looking for. At best, LX seats would give you only a small improvement.

Someone on this forum posted the mods (w/pics) to increase the leg room for tall guys and the electric seats. The last message that the guy posted was still an incomplete installation as he had not come up with a solution for all 4 seat bolts. (Maybe this was on 80sCool... but I think it was here.)

-B-

[glow=red,2000,3000]

TRD
i_sposeat_b.jpg
i_sposeat_r.jpg
SEATS

[/glow]

since we are talking seats, my 95's front seats are cracking really bad. The sun has more or less killed em' and leather conditioner does nothing. Thinking about getting the custom fit wet okole seat covers. They look like a perfect fit, water proof, can just take them out and spray them off if they get dirty, and probably warmer than the leather in the winter. Anyone else had experience with wet okole?

[quote author=concretejungle link=board=2;threadid=8278;start=msg70086#msg70086 date=1070375243]
since we are talking seats, my 95's front seats are cracking really bad. The sun has more or less killed em' and leather conditioner does nothing. Thinking about getting the custom fit wet okole seat covers. They look like a perfect fit, water proof, can just take them out and spray them off if they get dirty, and probably warmer than the leather in the winter. Anyone else had experience with wet okole?
[/quote]

Search under Wet Okole and "Eric's Bruiser". I know he's had experience with them and may even still have a set for sale (he ended up getting new leather after the Wet Okole purchase). IIRC he was pleased with the Wet Okole's.

[quote author=concretejungle link=board=2;threadid=8278;start=msg70086#msg70086 date=1070375243]
[/quote]

I just spent $325 to have the seats redyed. They look great, the crackes are gone, the tear was fixed and they look factory. It is worth considering.

Cary

-B-, thanks for the info on the LX seats.

HB and Tyler, I'll do a search on the TRD seats. Thanks.

Legroom isn't a problem. For my wife, a lack of lumbar support and (I better be careful how I word this) lack of softness in the seat (avoiding the word "hard") make long hours uncomfortable.

For me, the seat bottom is too short. Even with the front of the seat tilted up, I get the feeling of falling off the front of the seat.

Still wondering if the 100 Series seats are any different...

Thanks,
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom