Seats for 45 lwb pu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kkt

Threads
Looking at seat options for my truck, so here are the questions:
What years of the fj40 split bench seats were the same as a 64-68 lwb pu?
What other seat set ups are you guys using?
Pictures would be helpful.

I will be using Chev Colorado seats once I find one.

I could be wrong here, but when i got my 45 it came with some seats out of a 40 same year and they were not even close to fitting. The 40's at the time had tool boxes under the drivers seat and the legs on the passenger would not even come close to lining up. This was just what i seen on mine. It is a 65 .

I could be wrong here, but when i got my 45 it came with some seats out of a 40 same year and they were not even close to fitting. The 40's at the time had tool boxes under the drivers seat and the legs on the passenger would not even come close to lining up. This was just what i seen on mine. It is a 65 .
now I am even more confused. Someone with a stock 60's era truck please respond. What was the oem configuration on an early fj45 pu. Is it the same as early 40's if so thru what year?

now I am even more confused. Someone with a stock 60's era truck please respond. What was the oem configuration on an early fj45 pu. Is it the same as early 40's if so thru what year?

45 seats are an animal unto themselves. The driver's seat [64 and newer] has forward curves that drop to the floor, unlike the 40 series seat that rests on the toolbox. 1963 fj45 seat did not have the forward curve,because that truck had a toolbox too.

Passenger seat has longer extensions on the rear of the seat to span the cab of the truck than 40 seats did. Also, the seat cushion is several inches wider, wrapping around the filler neck, whereas the 40 seat goes straight back, inside the line of the filler neck.

Bottom line:If you want 45 seats, you need to look for 45 seats.

I have one set left I am not using.;)

FJ45 Seats

I have a complete set of seats out of my 65 FJ45 i will let go. And yes they are different from FJ40

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom