Seat discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

What seats do you have in your Cruiser? I have a BJ75 and the sear foam is shot. I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying new foam and replacing it (foam cut to fit), or just replace the seat all together. I'd like to do this on the more cost effective side, so new aftermarket isn't in the cards right now.

What's your personal experience? I'd really like to hear from those who use the stock 60 series seats, as well as those who have swapped in something from a wrecker. I'm not worried about making custom brackets, I have use of shop space and a welder.

Early 90's Toyota Camry seats are very comfortable seats on a budget. I ran them for years in my BJ42 prior to my restoration project. Drivers side is 4-way adjustable and all manual. Simple L-bracket to make to bolt it in. $20 each at pick-a-part.

Look for the large adjusting knobs on the side:

Toyota Echo/Yaris seats are also very nice and with a little modification will work well. (we have both an Echo and Yaris in our fleet at home) .

Full size truck seats are likely too wide for your 75.

I think Greg B has Honda Prelude seats in his 42 which are also a real nice way to go.

🍺

Last edited:
I also have prelude seats in my 42, but I think they are too bulky for a BJ75, my dad has some aftermarket ones in his bj75 from a 4x4 magazine, they seem to fit good. Just make sure the back isn't too bulky so it can slide back as far as you can, the 45 or 75's don't really have a ton of room in them.

Look for VW GTI from about 15-20 yrs ago. I got a set of Recarro's from one, not sure the year though.
They are thin, and with the bolstering are undoubtedly the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.
Easy bottom to adapt to.

My BJ 42 used to have Honda Prelude seats from previous owner.
Found some nice BMW 3 series seats for $100 a pair from a wrecker close to Steve's shop.
Steve had to do a little work but the result is well worth it. Fit nicely into my BJ42 .
BMW seats are phenomenally comfy and durable, use my BJ as a DD.

I ended up with a set of manual adjusting Camry seats that were recommended above. $50 for the pair. I have already fitted the driver's seat and I'm very happy so far!

I ended up with a set of manual adjusting Camry seats that were recommended above. $50 for the pair. I have already fitted the driver's seat and I'm very happy so far!

Pictures?

Looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom