Seat Belts for '94 seats in a '96 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grench

SILVER Star
Threads
Call me silly, but I think that the old manual reclining cloth seats are more comfortable than the newer leather ones.

I have a set of '94 cloth seats that I want to put in my '96 leather truck. In fact I had the PS cloth in and the DS leather out before I realized that I wouldn't have seat belts.

The seat belt receiver is built onto the '96 leather seats. I did not see a provision for the same thing on the '94 cloth seats.

So... Can someone show me how the front seat belt receivers (the latch thing) bolt into the seats or body on a '91-'94 cloth interior?

Would anyone happen to know if my '96 belts will plug into a '94 receiver if I locate and mount one in?

Thanks!

I have looked into swapping from leather to cloth in my 94--from searching on mud I believe the belts for the cloth seats are not connected to the seats. They are bolted on seperate. I think somebody said something about having to drop the gas tank in order to get to the bolt....:doh: Have fun and take some pictures!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=140997

towards the bottom Nay mentions Corbeau seats-- I imagine the same problem is going to come up--probably the route I will end up taking. You could just buy some seat belts with the female part from an older cruiser.....

I can tell you that going from leather '96 seats to cloth '94 seats is unbolt/rebolt 4 bolts per seat... Until you get to the seat belts. I need someone with a cloth interior that has a seat out to show me where the seat belt receivers connect in on them.

I had both leather seats out tonight -real- easy. I had the PS cloth bolted in -glove-. I had the DS mounted up -glove-. I was about to put the bolts in the DS ones when I thought, "wait a minute... where are the seat belts going to go?"

DOH!

Yes, I undid it all.

An update on this retrofit project...

I had the passenger leather seat out of my truck again Friday so I could transport the two 200 lb. 8' boxes for my kids new swing set. So, I went hunting under the carpet for where the cloth seat belts would connect in.

I found a rubber plug in the right spot. There is no nut underneath.

In the vehicles that normally have cloth interiors, is this a welded on (captured) nut, or are they a loose part that I could order?

Either way it is going to be interesting to get a part to fish up through to put the bolt into.

Changing seats? No problem. Seat belts for cloth seats in a leather factory vehicle... Not quite so easy.

Grench, how did this ever end up? I was just about to pick up some cloth seats for my 95...actually so that my leather doestn' get worn out....thank you for posting this...as I'm sure I would have gotten the new seats in and not realized the missing seat belt receiver until heading off to work. Did you ever find a solution?

I'm about to install some Corbeau seats and was wonder how to handle this. Any info on how you handled it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom