Schofield Pass in CO closed due to rockslide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It will be fixed happenes every year, and it is technically not closed, you just may not be able to get thru it while others still can

thanks for the information...the thing i noticed too was there was no snow...crazy for beginning of May! assuming the picture is current...

Yeah we had very little this year. I don't think Aspen and Snowmass mountains got much more than 40 inches at the summits all winter.

10952862_10152719672786644_3273368052119463738_n.jpg
you would be amazed where they can get tractors in, but that said, it will require major rebuilding which means nepa and that will be the biggest pita. there are reportedly four sections missing like the photo above, plus car sized boulders on the trail. the colo association of 4wd clubs is waiting to hear from the club that has adopted schofield exactly what will be needed to get it opened so we can see about securing grants to help cover expenses and work days are already being discussed.

Last edited:
View attachment 1078206 you would be amazed where they can get tractors in, but that said, it will require major rebuilding which means nepa and that will be the biggest pita. there are reportedly four sections missing like the photo above, plus car sized boulders on the trail. the colo association of 4wd clubs is waiting to hear from the club that has adopted schofield exactly what will be needed to get it opened so we can see about securing grants to help cover expenses and work days are already being discussed.

Thanks for posting a pic! I found the rest of them on the Aspen Daily News FB page. Which club maintains it? Isn't it a jeep club out of Gunnison? I'd like to get a look at it for myself at some point this spring......if it ever stops raining.

Last edited:
thanks for the update...still can't get over how little snow is up there....maybe it will be open by mid June:)

Thanks for posting a pic! I found the rest of them on the Aspen Daily News FB page. Which club maintains it? Isn't it a jeep club out of Gunnison? I'd like to get a look at it for myself at some point this spring......if it ever stops raining.
i believe it is high country 4wheelers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom