SCC - Must bow out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well fellas I hate to say it but I guess I will have to bow out of SCC next week. I guess I am just snakebit when it comes to trying to make a Land Cruiser function.

I have never worried about my parking brake not working until I saw the part about the tech inspection for SCC so I figured I better get to work. This has been going on for almost a month. Lots of reading on the 80 Forum. Parking brake shoes and springs were replaced and adjusted at ACC but the brake has never worked. Bellcranks/pins and stop bolts were pretty corroded so now all that is new too. Adjusted parking brake shoes and bellcranks per FSM, then went inside to lever and cable, adjusted that too. It was pretty loose so I really thought that was gonna do it. But alas the adjusting nuts are all the way down now and still no good. From what I read on the 80 Forum this is an all too common scenario.

The best we can figure is that the cable must be stretched. But from what I understand the gas tank has to be removed to replace the cable and I won't have time to get it done. Man I hate it. But I don't care to drive all the way over there if I won't be allowed to do a little trail driving.

Ah well. Who do I tell we won"t be there?

With regret,
namsag.

Your driving an 80, with an automatic?

Your golden! Bring it awn!

Biggest thing those brakes help are folks with manual trans. Having an auto, put Tcase in low and the shifter in low gear.... you will be good. If your in down hill situation place a tire against a rock. Up hill, turn tires in so truck rolls back then stops against tree.

Easy enough!

Last edited:
bring yo junk. Its an auto. You slick.

Man, thanks guys, sorry that was a bit melodramatic, OK I'm coming then. It's been frustrating trying to get this brake going along with the usual kids and work and brother-in-a-nasty-marriage-separation-and-living-with-me drama. Got everything else on the tech inspection covered. Was just planning on doing the newbie ride and maybe a couple bunny trails in the 80 on Friday (got no sliders, wanna keep my rocker panels) and then the same again when my wife and girls get there with the 200 Saturday morning. Looking forward to it. :beer:

Parking brake? Oh crap... Guess I'll leave the buggy at home then. lol

I’ll do tech inspection. I like beer. And wine. And tequila.

Cowboy did the same thing one year at roundup.....

Gifts/bribes got interesting...