SC98Runner Intro/Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! I have been lurking around here for a while. Ton of great information and I have been trying to absorb all that I can!

Little about me...master tech at the local Kia dealership. Perk is that we own the Toyota dealership up the road, so employee pricing for my parts lol! Enough about me though...I mean, who cares right!

I have been slowly working on my 98 4Runner for the past year and a half. I have done the usual services, coolant, transmission, differential all got fresh fluids. I also replaced the timing belt, water pump and cam seals to get that out of the way. Just turned over 130,000 miles. Now I am going to get to the fun stuff!

I picked up a set of 8 wrap LC coils from a local offroad group member as well as the LC rear shocks. I have a set of Bilstein 5100 TRD Tundra struts with Wheeler's T1/Eibach front springs that should be here by the middle of next week. Currently sitting on a set of 265x75x16 BFG KO2's.

I am keeping an eye out for an E-Locker rear axle to swap in. Plans are to add a set of Budbuilt skids, ARB front bumper, CBI Rear bumper, Smittybilt winch, and the list goes on. Debating making a sleeping platform/drawer setup or going all in with an RTT.

Anyways...on to a couple pics.

Wow thats low miles. Nice that you base lined everything. I tried to get a job with Kia a while back, they never called me back. When looking for a e locker axle, make sure the e locker ratio is the same as your front diff. Usually elocker axles are 4.30. You could just buy a whole nother runner with the locker, swap the front and rear diffs with yours and sell it and break even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom