Sandwiches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grilled shrimp po' boy with a Louisiana pepper butter sauce

IMG_20191229_150053788.jpg

IMG_20191229_134431497.jpg
IMG_20191229_145502167.jpg

grilled cheese academy has their new winners up, amazing they gave out 15k to the winning sandwich...

^ haven't seen the roasted garlic kraut on this side of the Sierra. But, after we consume the current batch of our home-made kraut, I'm going try adding roasted garlic to the next batch!

Love all things Reuben sammies. We love foods from all categories and my tempeh Reuben is a leftover from my vegan years back in the '80's but still a regular at our house today. Most of the time I use the Smoky Tempeh Strips that didn't exist back then or sometimes I still sauté up tempeh to incorporate into the sandwiches.

Homemade 1000 Island Dressing ('cuz store bought tastes like...well, you know) + Comte cheese + rye bread with caraway seeds (Trader Joe's used to have an incredibly delicious sliced bread with cornmeal, caraway seeds, rye, etc. but recently quite offering it...) + lots of fresh 'kraut and plenty of butter on the bread/griddle.

Any other tempeh eaters here? Another regular at our house is tempeh-taco salad...and both of these tempeh recipes make it to campsites too!

IMG_2959.JPG

Its gotten difficult around here (Reno area) to find rye bread. And impossible to find good rye bread. Whereas a couple decades ago...it was everywhere. Trader Joe's had a super delicious rye, cornmeal(!) with caraway seeds bread but have disco'd it. Fashion in the bread biz?

Its gotten difficult around here (Reno area) to find rye bread. And impossible to find good rye bread. Whereas a couple decades ago...it was everywhere. Trader Joe's had a super delicious rye, cornmeal(!) with caraway seeds bread but have disco'd it. Fashion in the bread biz?

We have been advocates of keeping at least 3 or more months of non-perishable food stocked in the pantry. Flour, rice, variety of legumes, noodles can goods, etc... Walked in to a vons and walmart to to investigate what was stocked on the shelves. Bread was completely wiped out, all produced wiped cleaned and of course TP/Paper Towels empty along with the meat department. However anything canned was available so i grabbed extras for the pantry. The morons were PANIC buying, had no clue what to buy and listening to the news what to buy(truck loads of TP). Man, I am glad we live outside the of the city , far away from stupidity.

^ Same here. RE: Not being able to find rye bread with caraway seeds, etc.: That's the way it was BEFORE the corona virus panic stricken got started.

Last edited:
Do you guys always make cutlets for sandwiches by yourself? If not, which are the best to buy? Sometimes I just don't have time to make them by myself, so I need a fallback.

I hate all the typical grocery store "deli" meats...so when I'm short on time I resort to canned tuna sandwich salad. Or burritos...a store bought rotisserie chicken goes ALONG way...burritos, chicken salad, quesadillas, flat/rolled enchiladas and about a gajillion other tasty uses. Then all leftovers (bones, etc.) get used for stock. Cheap eats too! And minus all the questionable ingredients so typical of most processed deli "meats".

Just re-reading some of this stuff. Man a good Ruben would hit the spot.
Jason, how did the beer can bacon burger turn out?

The wife n I had a big ole salad last night, and she had one hard boiled egg leftover, so
I made an egg salad samwitch. Damn that thing was good, it had been years since I had one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom