Saline Valley Hot Springs Dec 13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60Seth

SILVER Star
Threads
One of the best meteor showers, the Geminids, will happen this year the night of Dec 13 and the morning of the 14th, and there will be a new moon.

I'm planning being at the hot springs. Who want's to go?

Im game.....

I believe I have that weekend open and I'd love to go.

I may try and arrange another canyoneering trip in conjunction.

I'm game for that too.. so as long I don't get there at 4am with a start time of 5am lol...

I'm game for that too.. so as long I don't get there at 4am with a start time of 5am lol...

I can't guarantee it won't be an early start with no sleep...

I don't see any other way around it since the drive is so long and I dont have any vacation.

No worries..... If we do go we'll try to get there at an earlier time.... Im an old foggie now and need my sleep... Im no Scott Sweeny..... ;)

I'd like to do this, too... Gotta check the work schedule. Are you planning over-night in one place or camping multiple locations ?

Asking 'cuz I might bring the trailer if just over-night.

I'd like to do this, too... Gotta check the work schedule. Are you planning over-night in one place or camping multiple locations ?

Asking 'cuz I might bring the trailer if just over-night.

We generally drive in friday night arriving late around 1 am and leave sunday afternoon.

I'm going to leave early on the 13th and try to get to the hot springs before dark. I have no ambition to camp anywhere else.

I would be heading in on the 14th after work. I would expect to be at the hot springs around 1am.

For all those interested. I have GPS coordinates for all the unmarked and difficult turn offs. With "topomaps" app on your iphone you can use the GPS on your phone with no cell service and see USGS topo maps and the points marked.

Very helpful for coming in at night.

Ok, so aside from Danny & Seth, who is going to DV this coming weekend... and when are you getting there ?
Speak up.......its a beer head-count...:flipoff2:

so that you guys know we going to Big Pine then go Eureka Dunes and into the hot springs.....
Weather looks interesting above 4k so it will be an adventure... at least for us it will be....

Laters,

Frank

Late roll call:
My friend mike will head in with his boss from work in his jeep fri am. I will be going in alone through south pass with three passengers including Doug and his wife. I will be planning for snow at south pass and will carry chains, axe, shovel, and all the usual stuff.

Did this happen? I heard the weather that weekend was pretty harsh. I was in Saline Thanksgiving weekend, and South Pass was the worst I've ever seen it.

3 LC wagons drove in through Steal Pass on 12/13. On 12/14, there was cloud cover but no rain or other people, except for Randy and a Jeep buddy that showed up late at night. Julie & I drove out through S Pass on 12/15 and we had to chain up. The snow was maybe a foot deep towards the top. I don't know what route the other vehicles existed on 12/16 but Randy reported that everyone was OK.

We were one of the 3 wagons via steel / steal pass (whutever) and after two nights at the hot springs we drove up to the race track and camped out at Homestake Dry Camp.. It was much much cooler than it was down at the hot springs... but the moving rocks pics at sunset were awesome !!!

IMAG2316.jpg

IMAG2326.jpg

came out via south pass with some snow on ground but not much..

It was a treat having the hot springs all for ourselves !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom