Saline Hot Springs Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've not heard Saline Valley referred to as "warm springs" before.

There is another springs, on the south side of DVNP, and they are called Warm Springs.

They are in Warm Springs Canyon, just east of Striped Butte Valley, about 75 miles or so South from Saline Valley Hot Springs

that would be this one

l_3dc13bdf96944cba993b702cdd8b6f74.jpg

that would be this one

l_3dc13bdf96944cba993b702cdd8b6f74.jpg

That is they. Unfortunately, things look a bit different now. I was there a couple months ago, the lower pool is completely obliterated with overgrowth, and there was much bush-whackng involved to get to the upper pool. Still worth it, though.

Dana, calico's pic IS of the upper warm springs, and we DID have to do a bit of bushwhacking to get there when we were there 18 months ago.

This is the trip I did the write-up for Toyota Trails on DV in Jan '09. They published this one as a website exclusive, so practically no one has seen it.:rolleyes:

P.S. This thread is SO HIJACKED! Hopefully Ross and Dave will help get it back on track!

Dana, calico's pic IS of the upper warm springs, and we DID have to do a bit of bushwhacking to get there when we were there 18 months ago.

This is the trip I did the write-up for Toyota Trails on DV in Jan '09. They published this one as a website exclusive, so practically no one has seen it.:rolleyes:

P.S. This thread is SO HIJACKED! Hopefully Ross and Dave will help get it back on track!

Hey Mark.

Yeah, I know it's the upper tub. what I was saying is that the entire foreground in that pix is now completely overgrown with plants. There is no way to get into the tub without hugging the big rock to the left and pushing the bush out of the way. Unless of course, someone has gone in there and ripped it all out.

\hijack

I've not heard Saline Valley referred to as "warm springs" before.

There is another springs, on the south side of DVNP, and they are called Warm Springs.

They are in Warm Springs Canyon, just east of Striped Butte Valley, about 75 miles or so South from Saline Valley Hot Springs

Dana, It's know by both warm & hot. Do a google search on Saline Valley Warm Springs
Saline Valley, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or Saline Valley Hot Springs and you get to the same place.

Anyway we are all back and the trip was Awesome. We ran into two Canadians TLCA members from BC with FJ80's with right hand drive and Diesles. They important them from Austrailer.One of them had a 6 inch lift and running 37's looked great.

Dana, It's know by both warm & hot. Do a google search on Saline Valley Warm Springs

Anyway we are all back and the trip was Awesome. We ran into two Canadians TLCA members from BC with FJ80's with right hand drive and Diesles. They important them from Austrailer.One of them had a 6 inch lift and running 37's looked great.

Hi John, thanks for the clarification.

Glad you all had a good time, it's so nice out there.

How was the snow on the way in?

Dana

Do you have pictures of the 80's?

Hi John, thanks for the clarification.

Glad you all had a good time, it's so nice out there.

How was the snow on the way in?

Dana

About 12 to 15 inches, we hit the top of south pass about 11pm and in about 5 minutes came accross a small class c motorhome, kind of built on a silverado chassis. They slid off the road around 12 noon that day and have been sitting there since. He had 4 wheel drive that wasn't working and chains. Ross strapped them and got them back on the road only for them to get stuck again a 1/4 mile down the pass. Ross strapped them again and this time kept the strap on longer and went real slow so they could stay right behind him until we ran out of snow. They were a couple on there 60's, with a dog and no clue how to drive in snow. I'll let Ross elaborate further when he has time, but needless to say they were very happy. Because of the delay we didn't get to the springs until around 3:00am, but it was great to be there.

Do you have pictures of the 80's?

Yes I do and will post soon. Get this....at one point at the upper springs there were a total of about 12 vehicles camping spread out around the area. 5 of them Landcruisers and of the 5, 4 were 80's.
Then one 80 left and 2 Tacoma's from David Hales club came in. It was a Toyota weekend.

Yes I do and will post soon. Get this....at one point at the upper springs there were a total of about 12 vehicles camping spread out around the area. 5 of them Landcruisers and of the 5, 4 were 80's.
Then one 80 left and 2 Tacoma's from David Hales club came in. It was a Toyota weekend.

Nice...

Sounds like it was fun. Next time...next time for sure.

I want to see pix eh...

of the diesel rigs....that is.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom