Rusty Rocker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I give up fighting the sunroof drains in the rocker pannel. Clean them, drill them and they still plug up.
Now I see that mean guy Rusty is now inside my rocker :mad: and doing his thing :'(
My plan is to dump some rust remover in the rocker and then seal it with a rust preventer and either just use the plug holes as drains of drill new holes.
The auto body store has a rust remover that should remove and seal the rocker.

Now for the snake oil. On chit chat the www.erps.com.au was taked about.
Any one in the rust belt use this?

Why are your's plugging up so much? Think mine only did once, before I took out the plugs and tossed them into the neighbor's yard. Just seems odd they'd plug up so much. Maybe pull the plugs and make the drain holes bigger. ???

Kurt, my drain holes aren't plugging (yet), but I've looked inside, and before I sprayed (er, had sprayed for me) rust inhibitor all inside there, I did see the beginnings of rust. I had the black goop sprayed underneath and in the frame holes (not thick enough to plug), and the ear-waxy stuff sprayed in the engine bay and other more discriminating places. My fingers are crossed. Sorry I'm vague on the rustproofing stuff-- but all the rustproofers seem to have the same stuff (at least it smells the same, like turpentine and mineral oil and tar), and I've seen some home-made recipes on the web that sound about right.

I'm not convinced that Toyota has their rust problems solved. Among all manufacturers of 90's vehicles, Toyota's still look the rustiest to me...

Junk, where are you located? Removing the plugs and enlarging the drain holes only allows more saltwater to splash in. Not a good solution for a daily driver (or even an occasional driver) in the salt-belt.

Kenton

Maybe not, but it gets flushed ocassionally with fresh water and the truck will likely self-destruct long before it rots.

Seriously, I think free flow is better than hoping it doesn't get in there in the first place, but have I ever been right about anything?

Leave the plugs in and water sitsin the rocker=rust
Pull the plugs, salt gets in=rust
Keep the drain holes clean so salt water from the roof seeps out=rust

As water has been in there for years, I am sure the damage already started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom