running lean? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How can you tell? I've got a super charged 94. I bought it with the sc an have no idea if it's getting enough fuel. It seems to run well but I don't often push the vehicle past 3200 rpm's.

Thanks in advance.

IMO an air/fuel gauge can provide useful information during tuning as one piece of the pie but for day to day, mile by mile monitoring exhaust gas temperature is going to provide better information and an indication what load and potential damage you are doing to the motor.

I think it has been well established that with the '93 & '94 it is going to run lean with the TRD supercharger without additional devices such as water/methanol injection, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, ignition timing control and piggyback engine controls

IMO an air/fuel gauge can provide useful information during tuning as one piece of the pie but for day to day, mile by mile monitoring exhaust gas temperature is going to provide better information and an indication what load and potential damage you are doing to the motor.

I think it has been well established that with the '93 & '94 it is going to run lean with the TRD supercharger without additional devices such as water/methanol injection, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, ignition timing control and piggyback engine controls

Thanks Phil-

I do have a exhaust gas temperature gauge. Thanks for the information.

How did you handle the lack of fuel in your 94?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom