Rumor from over the pond: BMW 300 series Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

why BMW not return to the ex - Land Rover - with unibody and familiar senses instead of mess up the legend body-on-frame of Toyota ?

I agree that you can have two similarly dimensioned/optioned vehicles like the Sequoia and the LC under a single brand, however, Toyota added a lower cost option without the capabilities (Sequoia) after the LC. This would be the opposite for BMW. There isn't another luxury manufacturer that's building a LC type vehicle. The G-Wagon is capable but just not really. Same story for the Range Rover. No one is taking those vehicles to the outback/Africa/ME for serious use.
I had a g500 for 10 years before my 200 series and beat the crap out of it off road. Never had a failure. Rolled it once, going slow, only damage was busted side view mirror. The 2 are very different but extremely capable trucks, more like comparing an 80 to a 200. Honestly bone stock I think the g was slightly More capable than my 200. But then it’s smaller (but not lighter), has SFA, and triple locked.

And as for the street credit in the crap. Many military’s around the world use G wagons. When I was in Iraq saw lots of them. And the United Stares Marine Corps used G 290’s as their FAV for a while.

This one time....

aec453161b2f33ffc6219d8a758307a9.jpg

Bump for LC photo - front fascia was not far off back in ‘19

1623086651468.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom