Rubithon, Rubicon Trail, CA June 2003 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rubithon, Rubicon Trail, CA  June 2003

TLCA's only hosted event, Rubithon!

Wed, June 18 thru Sun, June 22.

You will never see so many Toyotas on this trail at the same time! First run in begins Wednesday, last run in on Friday.
BBQ and Raffle on Saturday, exit Sunday (or Monday).

Also, Marlin Crawler Roundup on the prior weekend... so if you're a few states away, drive on out and spend two full weekends on the Rubicon and go home broke, busted and smiling!

Hey, Roundup and Rubithon, Rubicon till you puke! :)

(Ok, maybe I should have left that last line out).

I'm going to both, how about you??

Re: Rubithon, Rubicon Trail, CA  June 2003

I'm thinking of both.

How about this? Marlin Roundup, Fordyce, Rubithon. Now that's a week! We better keep that a secret ;) :-X

MTA used to do a Survival run very similar to what you are proposing. there was another trail in there though, Does this mean you are coming out?? Better get goin on that engine :D

Rubithon Registration form is in Mar/Apr issue of Trails.
Rubithon web page at www.rubithon.com or via TLCA site.

What's that you say, never heard of Trails!!???

Where ya been???    www.tlca.org

I hear there may still be a few open spots :D

Come Awn, let's go!!!

Follow me boys :D

p6200594.jpg

Yes Jim...

as of 5/1, registration is still open but hurry if you want to confirm an event T-shirt.

fax works great or call registration directly...

for more info, contact me directly at cruiserfan@att.net

'Don't take rocks for granite!'

Hey Tony et al,
Has there been any talk amoungst the organizing comittee about postponing Rubithon this year? It's May 8th today and more snow fell up there today with more expected tomorrow. Unless things heat up quick and we get a fast melt, there will still be snow at the higher elevations next month. Tread lightly policies may be pushed to the limit if 200 rigs file through a wet, soggy trail.
I'm hoping things will dry out, but I'm starting to get worried. Can you keep us updated?

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/snow/current/snow/courses.html

yes there has been talk and its evolving talk...

that is, it started out jokingly... :D
now its getting serious... :ugh:

yes, I'll keep this post ... posted.

Here's my first Rubithon update post...

there is snow, a lot of snow.

OK, its official, Rubithon will be postponed from June to August 20 to 24th. :cry: :tear:

Based upon the various communications, snow status, political climate and environmental scrutiny of the Rubicon Trail, TLCA (Toyota Land Cruiser Association) will be postponing the 15th annual Rubithon of June 18 to 22 till August 20th to 24th of this summer.

While the impacts of this announcement will be far reaching for TLCA members who planned to attend and the association itself, it is important that TLCA lead by example in putting the best interests of all off road enthusiasts and the Rubicon Trail itself first and foremost in our actions.

All registered attendees who cannot make the new date will receive a full refund if they desire. I will be making phone calls followed by an official letter.

this is also a good time to note that TLCA leads by example when it comes to environmental stewardship and awareness.

OK, its official, Rubithon will be postponed from June to August 20 to 24th.    :cry:   :tear:

Based upon the various communications, snow status, political climate and environmental scrutiny of the Rubicon Trail, TLCA (Toyota Land Cruiser Association) will be postponing the 15th annual Rubithon of June 18 to 22 till August 20th to 24th of this summer.  

While the impacts of this announcement will be far reaching for TLCA members who planned to attend and the association itself, it is important that TLCA lead by example in putting the best interests of all off road enthusiasts and the Rubicon Trail itself first and foremost in our actions.

All registered attendees who cannot make the new date will receive a full refund if they desire.  I will be making phone calls followed by an official letter.

this is also a good time to note that TLCA leads by example when it comes to environmental stewardship and awareness.

Well it sucks to postpone it, but as you say, kudos to the TLCA for leading by example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom