Rubithon anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering it for a couple of the days at least....
Anyone going?

K

I want to go, but that is the dates for W.E. ROCK and the club challenge deal. We are trying to plan a trip sometime around those dates, just trying to figure out when the best time is to avoid traffic on the trail.

Hopefully my junk will be ready with the big stuff underneath it.....I want a shot at the Sluice Box!!!!! Bring your cameras people......hahahahaha

17-21 June.......the same dang dates as Club Crawl/W.E. Rock!!!

I want to go to Rubithon bad, but I think we may wait til next year to go.....that is if W.E. Rock dates are changed then. That's the Western Nationals, I don't like missing those!!!!

I'm going again as run leader on the Wed 8am run.

Also planning Rubicon backwards starting the Sunday before.

Rubithon is a great event, and highly recommended. The trail isn't that crowded especially on the Wednesday runs, and you get into the Springs Thursday, so you have your pick of camp sites.

I'm going again as run leader on the Wed 8am run.

Also planning Rubicon backwards starting the Sunday before.

Rubithon is a great event, and highly recommended. The trail isn't that crowded especially on the Wednesday runs, and you get into the Springs Thursday, so you have your pick of camp sites.
Is that a wagon run?

I would be up for running the trail back wards, where do you camp Sunday night?

I just looked at our run schedule for '09. It looks like we plan to do Rubicon in June.

Is that a wagon run?

I would be up for running the trail back wards, where do you camp Sunday night?

It's the wagon run, which means we don't exclude wagons, like some runs.

The backwards run works like this: Saturday night we camp in Tahoe City. After a lazy start and a big breakfast at Rosie's we drive down Cadillac and camp at the springs. there is lots of time for swimming, hanging out and goofing off. The whole point of the reverse run is to keep it easy and fun.

Monday is a big day, reverse Big Sluice, Buck Island, usual camp is near Spider Lake. Tuesday is the roll out to Loon, which includes Walker Hill and Ellis Creek.

We camp Tuesday night at Loon, and start back through on Wednesday.

We've done this 4 or five years and every year we end up driving out to Ice House for gas and ice and repair trucks that have broken on the way in.

Rubicon backwards is much harder than Rubicon in the standard direction, mainly because the ascent of Big Sluice can be so difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom