Rubicon Area Fire - Caldor Fire Evacuations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Road Apple

SILVER Star
Threads
In case anyone’s heading to the Rubicon and curious about a Sheriff’s mandatory evacuation notice texted directly to individuals who signed up for alerts, here ya go:

This is El Dorado County Sheriff's Office with an emergency message for your area. There is currently a fire in your area that is under a Mandatory evacuation order. You must leave your residence immediately in a safe manner. Please follow Emergency personnel's direction to leave the area. This is an immediate Evacuation order for north of Highway 50 and south of Slab Creek Reservoir between Larsen Road and Ice House Road. Recommended direction of travel is westbound Highway 50 towards Placerville.

The Caldor fire is growing fast with over 7,000 acres burned so far. Leak Springs Lookout has evacuated. Sly Park Hills under evacuation orders and Pollock Pines is recommended to evacuate... A forest closure is likely coming soon. Get out quickly if you are in the area, including the Rubicon Trail.

With the current winds and resources involved on other fires this will continue to grow. Expect hwy 50 and possibly Ice house to face closures for fire fighting personnel and evacuees.

C036492B-CB49-465B-8C97-E9E03FB19CAC.jpeg

Last edited:

Over 65,000 acres as of right now. Zero containment.

If it crosses the river/HWY 50...

:eek:
I know…really hoping CalFire is able to hold the line at Hwy 50. Looks like they made it through the night.

Got my mom moved back in today. For those of you that know the area. Sierra Springs subdivision. Fire got probably 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. Too close. House survived. Thank goodness! Been a tough year with my dad’s passing this year. Not sure how he would have handled this fire. He had been coming up here since 1959. He is in a better place now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom