Rubbing with 285x70-17 on GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I was wondering if you guys that are running 285/70-17 have rubbing issues. I have Radflo 2" lift on mine with SCS Rays 10 (-10 offset). I get pretty bad rubbing if I go up a little incline that compress the suspension while turning like getting in/out of drive way with little incline. Do I need body mount chops for my application? I like the way the SUV looks now but it gets a little annoying when you not too careful when turning.

Did you trim your body mounts?
That's a SOP for the 5th gen 4R's and GX460's when adding suspension and over sized tires.
There should be threads posted on how and where to trim.

I have not trimmed any body mounts yet. I have trim and tried to heat some plastic liners but that has not helped.

Interesting that -10 won't do the trick with only a 32.7. Like the others have said, it sounds like you'll need a BMC.

Got BMC done a few weeks ago. It got rid of most of the rub. Unfortunately, it still rubs a little when the steering wheel is at hard right turn and in reverse with the suspension compressed.

Got BMC done a few weeks ago. It got rid of most of the rub. Unfortunately, it still rubs a little when the steering wheel is at hard right turn and in reverse with the suspension compressed.

Funny how the GX and the 5th Gen are essentially the same in that area yet there is a drastic difference in what fits without rubbing and what doesn't.

Do you have sliders, or the stock running boards?

I have a similar set up as yours, except my tires are 275/70-17 (KO2s), with stock running boards. When I bought the car, the previous owner had removed the running boards, and I didn't notice any rubbing. I have a family, so I had to put the running boards back on, and that's when I started getting a lot of rubbing, particularly when in reverse.

I'm hoping some sliders go on sale soon so I can get those and replace the running boards.

Being active military (Army reservist), Metal Tech 4x4 gave me a 10% discount on all my purchases, e.g. bumpers, suspension, sliders, etc. Not sure if anyone out there is active, but if so, this would help.

Being active military (Army reservist), Metal Tech 4x4 gave me a 10% discount on all my purchases, e.g. bumpers, suspension, sliders, etc. Not sure if anyone out there is active, but if so, this would help.

A lot of times a company will give the discount to veterans as well, I always ask, it doesn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom