Rubber grommits/ plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a local source for large dia. rubber plugs. In the 1 1/4 range for the trans tunnel drains, specifically.
Suppose I COULD weld it up, but....the plugs would be SOOOOOO much easier.:p:deadhorse:

Anyone know of a local source for large dia. rubber plugs. In the 1 1/4 range for the trans tunnel drains, specifically.
Suppose I COULD weld it up, but....the plugs would be SOOOOOO much easier.:p:deadhorse:

Aren't you going to cover the floor up with a rubber mat? If so, why worry about the plugs? My jeep didn't have the plugs in the floor and when it got rained in (which it will), the water can drain out. And with a rubber mat, the last thing you want is water sitting under the rubber mat. Can you say rust???

Jack

locrwln1 said:
Aren't you going to cover the floor up with a rubber mat? If so, why worry about the plugs? My jeep didn't have the plugs in the floor and when it got rained in (which it will), the water can drain out. And with a rubber mat, the last thing you want is water sitting under the rubber mat. Can you say rust???

Jack

No. I'm not going to cover the whole floor w/ a mat, just where mine and the passengers feet are. The rest will just be paint. For that reason in particular is a big reason I don't wanna do an entire floor cover.

Rubber expandable freeze plugs? 1 1/4 is a common size.

Thanks for the resources. Like to find locally of I could.

I have purchased grommets of different sizes from Carter's. If you call them be sure to speak to the owner Tim if you can...otherwise you might be told they have something and after making the trip I found out they didn't...and visa versa :rolleyes:.

I have purchased grommets of different sizes from Carter's. If you call them be sure to speak to the owner Tim if you can...otherwise you might be told they have something and after making the trip I found out they didn't...and visa versa :rolleyes:.

x2 on True Value, they have a good selection. And Tim is a great guy.

Delta Rubber or Fastenal may also, but idk for sure.

spressomon said:

Is that the ace on s Virginia ?

Not local, but CDan sells the stock plugs. A couple o' bucks a piece.

spressomon said:
Yes Keith...between Vassar and Mt. Rose street on Virginia...

Go there quite often. The owner guy has a 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom