RTT and roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i am looking for a couple of options on putting my RTT on my 100. I have a factory rack but obviously the cross bars can support the weight. Are their cross bars i can use with the factory rack? I know i can use the Thule bars but I'd rather not increase the height, would rather have a lower profile.

any thoughts??

I have had a RTT on my factory rack for 2.5 years now. Slept the equivalent of about 3 months up there and have had no issues. Just finished a 3 week trip actually. you dont need cross bars, just use the mounting bars that come with the RTT.

I'm using a compatible Yakima cross bar set with the factory rack for a hard shell RTT and ARB awning.

ENGINEer's method is the best quick and easy for a soft RTT.

Mine works fine but I still want a lower profile rack like a Gamiviti to get lower and to mount other small stuff.

I have had a RTT on my factory rack for 2.5 years now. Slept the equivalent of about 3 months up there and have had no issues. Just finished a 3 week trip actually. you dont need cross bars, just use the mounting bars that come with the RTT.
@ENGINE er do you have pics you can send me on how you mounted your RTT to the stock bars - assuming they don't exist on another thread. Do I need to get a 3rd cross bar?

I removed the cross bar and mounted it to the side bars. But i had that set up a long time ago so no pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom