RTI Ramp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just thought I'd post some pics of my wagon on the ramp. Anyone think I'd get much more out of the rear with the medium lift and L shocks. I ask because one of my $110 Edelbrock shocks are leaking like crazy on the rear. How about for the front. I wasn't so impressed with the front flex though it did max out the shocks on the ramp. So would L shocks on the front felx alittle more or wouldl the castor bushings limit it? Do note that the ISA shocks are listed for a 3" lilft, though I don't know the extended and compressed measurements.

Bear80 said:
Just thought I'd post some pics of my wagon on the ramp. Anyone think I'd get much more out of the rear with the medium lift and L shocks. I ask because one of my $110 Edelbrock shocks are leaking like crazy on the rear. How about for the front. I wasn't so impressed with the front flex though it did max out the shocks on the ramp. So would L shocks on the front felx alittle more or wouldl the castor bushings limit it? Do note that the ISA shocks are listed for a 3" lilft, though I don't know the extended and compressed measurements.

Thread hyjack!

What tires are those?

Is that a 20 degree ramp? What was your RTI Score?

I pulled my van onto the RTI ramp about 3 weeks ago. Here are some pics.
10050-hpim2631.jpg

10050-hpim2634.jpg

10050-hpim2633.jpg

Front is medium load OME and rear has heavy duty OME.

Interesting photo :rolleyes:

So your shocks are leaking? Ever wonder why most folks here run OMEs?

Are you more concerned about posing at the ramp, wheeling it or road manners? Yes, it helps if you state what you are looking for.

Yes L shocks and OME will get you a better score, J springs even more so.

The castor bushing may give you a little less flex in the front, as they are stiffer then OEM. But that is just what people on here have speculated in the past.

Junk said:
Interesting photo :rolleyes:

So your shocks are leaking? Ever wonder why most folks here run OMEs?

Are you more concerned about posing at the ramp, wheeling it or road manners? Yes, it helps if you state what you are looking for.

Actually my 80's just a street poser. I mean comeon, I got a damage muliltpier! :doh: You think I'm wheeling it?? I'm just interested in what I should do about the shocks. Since one is leaking, figure I could just "upgrade." Then if I go with taller springs I'll be ready. Then again the Edelbrock shocks have been great, smooth on the road, no body roll yet firm on the trails. I drove a 80 with OME shocks and it was a lot stiffer and I didn't like the road manners.

Bongani - I didn't score it, but it looks like you beat me. Do you have the castor bushings in?

ultimauk - Pro Comp Xterrains, 305/70

Oh, bear, you just had to go to the 4wheel parts store. Buncha crooks. Nice pics though. I would be interested to see your score there and then disconnect the front and rear sway bars and run it again just to see if/what improvement there was in flex.

Bear80 said:
Bongani - Do you have the castor bushings in?

Yes, I had the OME castor correction kit fitted. IMHO the RTI's true value is when using it to compare what difference a suspension upgrade made to the flex.

Back to the ramp
My Cruiser before suspension lift (3")
80 Series.jpg

Just for laughs...mallflex!

Hey guys - local parking lot (Queensland). Can't walk through this channel in a heavy rain, but Coles / K-Mart paints parking spaces in it! (No lift by the way.)

David
mallflex.jpg
stuff.jpg
wheelwell.jpg

Looks to me like the front shocks might be too long. Seems to me like that front should be stuffing more than it is.

Just speculation.

CruisinGA said:
Looks to me like the front shocks might be too long. Seems to me like that front should be stuffing more than it is.

Just speculation.

I agree.

Leaking shocks also indicate the possibility that they bottom too much. If shocks are the wrong size for your lift, it's a bit of a waste.

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom