RTH needed Tucson area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear pinon seal let go today on the drive home from christmas in Sierra Vista. There is gear oil everywhere from the rear axle back. I do have a spare seal but I do not have the tools or the space to replace it. I have all day Sunday 12-27 and most of the day Monday 12-28 if someone could assist me with tools and space. It is an FZJ80. Beer is on me:). Thanks

Joel

Crap Joel, I have space and more than likely, the tools but don't really have the time to help out. Is the rig your only driver?

I'll be wrenching on my junk today. Shop is tiny, but I'm sure we could get your rig backed in.

If you feel like running all the way to Oracle...

Well I suppose Oracle could work. Ill buy some gear oil and check it often on the drive up there. anyone think some duct tape will work as a very temporary fix to slow the gear oil spill:hillbilly:. Splitshot, PM me your info when you see this. Thanks.

Ok, PM sent..

Public thanks to spiltshot for helping out! What would a cruiser project be without a 15 minute repair turning into a 4 hour project.:cheers:

Public thanks to spiltshot for helping out! What would a cruiser project be without a 15 minute repair turning into a 4 hour project.:cheers:

Anytime...You did all the work..Don't mind fetching tools and giving crappy advice.:D

Let me know what you come up with.

Anytime...You did all the work..Don't mind fetching tools and giving crappy advice.:D

Let me know what you come up with.

It was a shattered bearing race on the pinion. The crush sleeve actually looked to be in fair shape.

Sorry you missed out on the Klondyke run, post up when your up and running again and your always welcome to wrench on your stuff at my place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom