Ford RTH- Ford Tranny Help- RTH (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I bought, as of tonight, a 1983 Toyota Pickup with an Isuzu 4BD1, and Borg Warner T18 behind it. It is a 2wd tranny so the front axle isn't hooked up. But... i'm not too worried about that. The main thing is that this is one of the, as far as I can tell, rare Isuzu-SAE #3 Bellhousing's. I was wondering if it would bolt up to the 5 speed from my uncles 1996 GMC Sierra 1500. Should be an NV4500. I'm not sure if the T18, and the SM465, and the NV4500 all have the same bolt pattern. Is a bellhousing that bolts to a T18 compatible with an NV4500? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Michael.

Hey guys, I bought, as of tonight, a 1983 Toyota Pickup with an Isuzu 4BD1, and Borg Warner T18 behind it. It is a 2wd tranny so the front axle isn't hooked up. But... i'm not too worried about that. The main thing is that this is one of the, as far as I can tell, rare Isuzu-SAE #3 Bellhousing's. I was wondering if it would bolt up to the 5 speed from my uncles 1996 GMC Sierra 1500. Should be an NV4500. I'm not sure if the T18, and the SM465, and the NV4500 all have the same bolt pattern. Is a bellhousing that bolts to a T18 compatible with an NV4500? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Michael.
couldn't tell ya, but there is a better fix than that.... just drop the engine and tranny from the sierra into the yota... i've seen it done with just a few mods.... (saw the final product) he only had to shave the core support just a touch and it slid right in there! use the harness from the sierra for the computer and you are good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom