Rth: about to buy 08 LX with AHC issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to diagnose an AHC issue on an 08 LX that I’d like to buy. Truck is in great condition otherwise.

ACH works, raises and lowers all 4 corners but the ride is incredible harsh and bouncy. Seems like the rear is the main culprit. The seller claims just the rear shocks need to be replaced, but aren’t those tied into the AHC system? TIA!

Look at the sticky AHC thread at the top of the 200 page. There are some shops that shy away from working on this particular part of the LX. Many have been successful doing it on their own, myself included.

I’m trying to diagnose an AHC issue on an 08 LX that I’d like to buy. Truck is in great condition otherwise.

ACH works, raises and lowers all 4 corners but the ride is incredible harsh and bouncy. Seems like the rear is the main culprit. The seller claims just the rear shocks need to be replaced, but aren’t those tied into the AHC system? TIA!

It needs accumulators. Not a huge expense but would get them to pay.

Agree with @turbo8. It's the globes and a common failure mode for AHC into higher mileage. It's a relatively easy and reasonably cheap fix so this could represent a pretty good opportunity.

Thanks everyone, getting them to replace the accumulators!

Agree with @turbo8. It's the globes and a common failure mode for AHC into higher mileage. It's a relatively easy and reasonably cheap fix so this could represent a pretty good opportunity.

You think these are legit OEM?

Thanks everyone, getting them to replace the accumulators!
is this a Lexus dealer? not that it would make it much better if it was, but AHC is a beast of a system so long as you don't jack it up -even Lexus techs have had issues bleeding. There's also been a string of bad fluid, and hopefully they don't jack it up more while trying to replace the globes.

It is not a Lexus dealership. I have a good faith deposit down but not locked in to buying should they botch the repairs.

It is not a Lexus dealership. I have a good faith deposit down but not locked in to buying should they botch the repairs.

if you're emotionally attached to it, you should probably warn them about the bad fluid (and ask them to pour it into a clear container before they dump into the AHC reservoir), and make sure they have a copy of the proper bleed procedures. They might laugh at you... or be grateful 🤷‍♂️

if you're emotionally attached to it, you should probably warn them about the bad fluid (and ask them to pour it into a clear container before they dump into the AHC reservoir), and make sure they have a copy of the proper bleed procedures. They might laugh at you... or be grateful 🤷‍♂️
I’ve sent them a few ‘mud links…We’ll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom