ROTW- Biff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ever since I was a wee young lad I've been playing offroad ie BMX, Dirt Bikes, Atvs. Now I have my very own rugged trail rig, I can't say enough about the quality of this rig. I have trashed it, scrapped it on rocks, and made stupid rookie wheelin mistakes and it still keeps running. It was but a year ago that I purchased this cruiser, this damm board influenced me to much and I went a little crazy with the mods :grinpimp: heres what I have nothing to special but it suits my needs:

1994 Landcruiser

fr/rr ARB lockers
4.56 Precision Gears
ARB bullbar
IPF J01 lights (thanks Junk)
Slee Transfer skid plate
Slee AC dryer skid plate
Safari Snorkle(new in box not installed)
TRD Sticker(increased my hp by 10 I swear)
100 brake pads
new front OEM rotors
Slee Light Harness
Slee Aux. Light Harness
Center Diff Lock Switch
Optima Yellow Top
Hanna Rear Bumper with tire Carrier
Hanna Sliders w/dual air taps(recently baptized on the rocks of Miller Trail)
OME suspension med duty
285 BFG ATs
Georges led's

The beginning
6pm4wk.jpg

Now
6pm91d.jpg

My Hanna transformation
6pm55e.jpg

6pm5gk.jpg

Sliders
6pm5ps.jpg

Picture of one of the air taps on the sliders. I hooked up some hose and fittings and got myself a little air tank. Keeps my ARB compressor from circulating.

6pm81u.jpg

My Slee compressor setup
6pm8lf.jpg

One of my favoriate pictures-gives me a feeling of freedom
6pm8t1.jpg

Thats about it

Last edited:
Very cool rig man, I love the air tap thingys on the sliders, it is hard to tell the way you "tap" into them though; is it a standard air fitting that plugs there??? How many tires can you reflate after you air down? Also love the rear bumper. I'm gonna go with Slee's but that is terrific indeed. Again, very cool rig. :cheers:

Do I detect a missing flare in that after pic? :eek:

cruiserdan said:
Do I detect a missing flare in that after pic? :eek:

You are correct, the flare was completely ripped off. I removed the rest and will be line xing it shortly.

Even though I said I wouldn't upgrade, the bigger tires are looking better and better. I'll probably stick with 33's, at most 305's.

The holes don't bother me, this rig will never be used for towing so no need to put anything on there.

Nice rig Biff.

The photo of the compressor setup with the air lines for the lockers is that part of the compressor that all the fittings are into is is some type of manifold attached to the compressor outlet. :cheers: :cheers:

Aussie cruiser said:
Nice rig Biff.

The photo of the compressor setup with the air lines for the lockers is that part of the compressor that all the fittings are into is is some type of manifold attached to the compressor outlet. :cheers: :cheers:

I think that's a Slee manifold. Biff, I recognize the fittings for the front and rear locker lines, but the center - is that an attachment for a hose for airing up tires?

Nice job all around.

By the way I'm guessing from the architecture and age of street paving/curbs - Beverly/Fairfax or thereabouts?

David

biff, can you explain the air tap on the sliders?

OZCAL said:
By the way I'm guessing from the architecture and age of street paving/curbs - Beverly/Fairfax or thereabouts?

David

Actually its a little town call Alhambra, next to San Marino.

lt403 said:
biff, can you explain the air tap on the sliders?

Well each slider has a tap that holds about 2lbs of air, which gives me a 4lb air tank. I hooked up both sliders to the Slee manifold, when I need the air I open up a lever and I instantly have air for the lockers, and keeps my ARB compressor from circulating every 15 minutes, to circulating once ever 1 to 2 hours depending how many times I use the lockers.

OZCAL said:
Biff, I recognize the fittings for the front and rear locker lines, but the center - is that an attachment for a hose for airing up tires?

David

Yep, I just put it there for the hell of it. I figured if I was in dire need for airing up I would use it. Otherwise I use my CO2 for real air ups.

Nice write up Biff. :cheers:

Nicely modded truck. :D

Your only the second person I've seen with tapped sliders. :grinpimp:

LX_TREME said:
Let say with LA traffics.. Did the H2 driver give you dirty look sometimes when he's right behind ya?
Vic, Also you need to filler up those 4 holes right behind the rear bumper... :flipoff2:

From where is the 4 bolt holes to rear bumber/frame with the 2" reciever available?
(for a '94 fz80)

And by the way that is a nice rig!!!

Biff said:
You are correct, the flare was completely ripped off. I removed the rest and will be line xing it shortly.

As a witness for the defense of the rock Your Honor Judge Dan, Victor was driving along down a narrow rocky trail and just smashed right into the defenseless rock. The rock had no choice but to fight back. It jumped out and ripped off Victor's front flare in anger after loosing about one foot of it's manhood.

To this I testify, as I was right behind him, Your Honor. hehehe :D

Hanna's slider's come with the tap? Cool! Doesn't sound like capacity to air up tires tho???

Brentbba said:
Hanna's slider's come with the tap? Cool! Doesn't sound like capacity to air up tires tho???

You have to request the taps, Ken, charges extra for them. Not really for airing up although you could if you wanted to. My thing is to help me with the lockers. My ARB comrpessor is really noisey and the less I hear the better.

Biff said:
You have to request the taps, Ken, charges extra for them. Not really for airing up although you could if you wanted to. My thing is to help me with the lockers. My ARB comrpessor is really noisey and the less I hear the better.

Thx - doesn't sound extremely useful if other sources of air will magically appear in my truck some day. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom