ROTW - Airlaird (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ROTW-Airlaird

Well most of us have the same mods...so to save time here is the basic stuff:
4" lift OME with 1.5 spacers. J springs in front and 863's in rear.
Rear Ganador ladder from Japan.
Fender bars
Remote mirror
Supercharger with dual Optima's
ARB with PIAA'S.
Mustang scoop ( functional heat vents for cooling)
Not shown ( LX470 front cooling fan) for better A/C
Slee wiring harness
New 315 BFG KO's and MB Motoring wheels ( for sale by the way)
INTERIOR
Multi Lock tranny lock
Boost guage, Volt guage
Armrest, remote radio control, Uniden CB
more to come...
airlaird

ROTW -airlaird.. last pics

Whoops, heres the rest. Sorry new to the posting of pics
airlaird

Combined them for you :D

Looks great.

Who did the rear bumper? JK?

Do the side rails get tied in to the frame?

My apologies to Christo, it is a SLEE' bumper...i just welded a jerry can holder to the end of it.
airlaird

Sweet rig, if you don't mind, what did that fender bar cost you? Has it served its purpose?

Oh.... the side rails attach to the frame....although not very sturdy at the point of attachment to the frame.
airlaird

Airlaird, did you actually attach the powertank Co2 to that quarter panel pillar? Is that a sturdy point? Or is it just there for the pic ;) ? Very nice cruiser indeed. Also, I see a K&N filter in the engine compartment, is the snorkel not attached to the stock airbox? One more thing :D , are those small air filters all the way to the right (in your engine compartment pic) the differential breathers?

Last edited:
LX_TREME said:
You need more gauges there... :flipoff2: There always plenty room to install'em.

Actually no, most of us don't have the same mods.

Curious.. I see the air scoup in the side shot.. but with the hood open, I don't see any slits or holes in the padding to allow the air through it (unless those 2 larger circles are the holes?) or iIs that just an older picture of the enginebay ?

Multi Lock tranny lock, where did you buy that from? Nice Lock.....

airlaird- Nice Rig!

1. Can we see pics of the mustang hood scoop on the cruiser? Has it had any noticeable effect on cooling?

2. Tell us more about this LX470 cooling fan- is it an aux. fan in addition to the existing parasitic fan or a replacement for it? Is it electric? If so, how is it wired in?

Yes the Power tank is attached through the plastic and to the metal...as well as the bas is screwed down to the floor. The trany lock is from South America...I think they no longer are around. That thing is bullet proof.
The Mustang scoop is functional and yes, there are two 4" circular holes for venting. I dont know about how much hot air is being vented BUT, with the LX470 fan and the holes, my A/C is MUCH cooler. The fan is wired in so it kicks on when the A/C compressor kicks on. The fan is an addition to the engine and worlks great...fits right in.
airlaird

Air,

Schweet rig. :cool:

The ladder on the back where did that come from? It looks alot more sturdy than most I have seen. Also could you get a closer pic of the center console guages? What brand are they that is a really nice install on those. You can never have to many guages. :D

Breathers

cc93cruiser said:
Airlaird, did you actually attach the powertank Co2 to that quarter panel pillar? Is that a sturdy point? Or is it just there for the pic ;) ? Very nice cruiser indeed. Also, I see a K&N filter in the engine compartment, is the snorkel not attached to the stock airbox? One more thing :D , are those small air filters all the way to the right (in your engine compartment pic) the differential breathers?

Yes the breathers are raised and I put filters on them. Also, the snorkel acts as an air ram straight to the filter. Cooler air = more power.
airlaird

reffug said:
Air,

Schweet rig. :cool:

The ladder on the back where did that come from? It looks alot more sturdy than most I have seen. Also could you get a closer pic of the center console guages? What brand are they that is a really nice install on those. You can never have to many guages. :D

When I get back home I'll get some more shots of the guages. They are backlit red and blue. I can't recall where I got those but they are 2 1/8 diam.
The ladder is from Ganador in Japan. I ordered that from Mot 5 years ago. It comes stainless but i had it coated...very strong.
airlaird

airlaird said:
Yes the breathers are raised and I put filters on them. Also, the snorkel acts as an air ram straight to the filter. Cooler air = more power.
airlaird
If that is all you use the snorkel for, you probably should have just gotten a cold air induction kit (fenderwall wall mount-you can draw much cooler air from fender wall instead of the engine bay/compartment) instead of the snorkel, or do you plan on using the snorkel for its primary duty? Anyways, I couldn't really find a good attatchment for the Co2 inside, so I mounted it on my roof rack.. Nice spot though! Let's see some more pics of the cruiser!!!!!!!!! :D

Steve,

How about a picture of the LX470 front cooling fan? How did you get it to fit the 80?

John

Sweet rig, love the dual bat setup. Can I ask how much the SC cost you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom