ROTW - Airlaird (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JasonH said:
Steve, show us the remote controlled spotlight.:grinpimp:
It looks like PIAA switch.
P.S: Also Airlaid can you shot pic the K&N air box?You should get the hood scoop and drill hole right on top of it let cool air allow in thru the K&N filter.
Also in case of rain, pull over to the side (Cover it with the masking tape for while til the rain stop) Just my .02 :rolleyes:

airlaird said:
with the LX470 fan and the holes, my A/C is MUCH cooler. The fan is wired in so it kicks on when the A/C compressor kicks on. The fan is an addition to the engine and worlks great...fits right in.
airlaird

airlaird- please tell me more about this fan! Is this the same A/C condensor fan CDan has? Can you detail the installation with the A/C turn-on relay, etc? Was it a straightforward install? How did you learn about this fan and what was the purpose of the install? I'd appreciate it if you could shoot some detailed pics of this and your hood scoop!

OK, well, let me get home...since i have a company car, my cruiser is left at home. ( i've only got 82,000 miles on it) I will get more pics of the airbox, scoop and fan. The fan is from a 99 470. It's a 10" fan and with some mods of the bracketry, it slid right in..in front of the radiator. I have been told to find a fan and realized the 470 had one in it., so i figured...what the heck.. My A/C has ALWAYS been lousy in city driving at idle. The fan made the air movement over the radiator faster, thus pushing more air and made the A/C believe I was driving down the highway when in fact, I was doing city driving..stoping and going... let me get some more pics.....
airlaird

LX_TREME said:
So is that mean you gonna take half day off n go home now? That truly cruiser commitment thou... :rolleyes: Or you just gonna let us hangin here for few hrs wondering...'til dark outside :flipoff2:

Are you sure you don't have a pic of that somewhere on your hard drive... I would look to see if you posted one, but I don't have that much time. :flipoff2:

Nice truck Air, you said you used 1.5" spacers ,was that front and rear.... and where did you get them.... Doing the OME lift this weekend and want a little more.....air time; and the idea on the fan nice nice.......

ROTW- More requested pics

Here's a few more...I'm out of allotted space to send for more pegs.
airlaird

airlaird said:
Here's a few more...I'm out of allotted space to send for more pegs.
airlaird

Not to be a broken record .. but :flipoff2: :confused:

TY

Looks good laird! I'd like to see how to wire up that fan as my 80 is reverting back to minivan duty soon.

am I blind??

Is that a "part-time" snork... I see that & cone filter... just curious...

Well posting pics is very confusing. Anyway, there are more pics posted...I guess it's under a different thread. anyway, they are there. Yes the rig runs cooler with the fan. And the spacers are 1.5 on each wheel. I got them from Christo. I also have 1" spacers on the wheels from Marlin Crawler.
airlaird

Supercharger

Biff said:
Sweet rig, love the dual bat setup. Can I ask how much the SC cost you?

I got the first one in Texas.....$2400.00 plus $300.00 install. My truck was the guinea pig....runs great.
airlaird

That truly is a beautiful looking 80 ! Very tastefully outfitted ..

:cheers:

TY

PS: We need more eye candy though ...

Extremely nice truck, and very clean to bat. Any roof rack in the future?

Very Nice Truck. Got to love a clean dark colored rig with tasteful mods. Love that ladder, need more pics! (I'll help you post them) Garage door no-close with spare mounted out back?

Air Ram-Snorkel

Texus said:
Is that a "part-time" snork... I see that & cone filter... just curious...

Nope you see right ;)) Although I have the air filter enclosed within a battery tray to keep out hot temps from the engine, I utilize the snorkel as an air -ram which shoves 75 MPH of cool air down the throat of the S/C as I go down the highway.

Don't let the shiny truck fool ya....as my club members can attest, this thing has been in 3-4 foot of water crossings. I have never seen anyone purposefully submerge their truck past the snorkel...so yes, my snorkel does just fine ;))
airlaird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom