Roof coating on new plywood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smritte

SILVER Star
Threads
Planning out the roof on my new build. I would like to use a rubberized roof coating for a variety of reasons. What I see is EPDM should be the way to go. Spreads on nicely, self leveling, reflects heat, flex's and is water proof. Everything I want.
The problem is this, all of the manufactures sites tell me how to prep and install, none talk about applying on new plywood. They go into detail on coating an existing pre coated roof. I've tried to reach out to three different companies and have gotten no response. My questions are does it have to be primed or sealed first. If so, what type of primer or product.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?

I would not use a pourable product on a fresh install.

I applied a rubber roof directly over new plywood, and now with 10 years on the clock (and 45 perforations later) it is still holding up well. I secured the edge with aluminum edging.

Here's the glue I used on the plywood, which I sanded lightly with 100 grit, and vacuumed off.

I would have thought that sealing the plywood would be a good idea, but NOT if you use the ^^^ recommended adhesive. It specifically wants a porous substrate to bond to.

Went to a trailer shop and walked away shaking my head. Found a company, RecPro and called them. The lady had a ton of info and I ordered a rubber roof material and adhesive. Total price out the door around $180 including a few odds and ends. The trailer shop said $1300 min for the covering for my 5X9 roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom