Roll cages and glass tubs. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 40 is in the midst of it's roll cage install. Heres a link to the thread with pics.If you have time, you might want to read the thread from the beginning, its a humorous story of a landcruiser, in the middle of a pack of jeeps.
http://marylandcreepers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3966&start=75

Anyway, our concern is tying it into the frame. How exactly did you guys do it. We are worried that if it's hard mounted, when flexing, the glass tubs floot may crack. We are thinking maybe we need to use some poly bushings?

I've checked the cage page out, and theres not alot of detail as far as tying into the frame is concerned.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure how you want to mount it to the frame but the cage came out gooooooooood :G
I just took and bolted mine to the floor and went down to the steel yard and got 10"x10" 1/4" steel pads to bolt mine to on the front.I figure unless I'm doing 70and flip it I'll be just fine its stout enough,and I don't plan on rolling it as much as somebody else we know and getting all these pics of the underside I can't think of his name it either starts with a W or a B oh thats right Woo I will think of it later :G
Oh buy the way nice cage :wave:

laughing.gif

That is EXACTLY what I want to do. How much did it cost you? What size pipe are you using?

That is EXACTLY what I want to do. How much did it cost you? What size pipe are you using?
When I bought my cruiser, it came with 100' of 2" x .125" -DOM- tubing (NASCAR spec.).

I actually used the barter system to have my cage built. He is keeping the extra tubing, and I gave him a set of wagon wheels with some used 33" mudkings. It worked out for both of us, the barter system rules!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom