Rodney party trick for auto tranny (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kkt

Threads
From the extreme transmission guy in Australia I have been hearing about the party trick.
You get up to 60mph or so and throw the shift lever from drive to park for several seconds and then back to drive. The effect is a back flushing of the valves that control the mechanisms that operate the A440 automatic transmission.
Has anone drank several beers put on a crash helmet and actually tired this. IF so I want to see the video and know the results.

When I did it, I wasn't having any problems, so I can't say it helped (certainly didn't hurt). I did it just before a Rodney flush with the thinking that anything freed by the back-flow pulse would be flushed out with the fluid change. Other than getting some adrenalin going, and a dull buzz from the park pall (sp?), it really wasn't anything exciting.

Sounds like it is legiate from what I read on here. That would be a cruel rumor to start if it really did screw the transmission up badly.

Also I agree someone should get it on video to just calm the nerves of people that want to try it for first time.

They did it on mythbusters to see what would happen if you shift into D or P while at speed. I don't remember the make of the car, but nothing eventful happened.

Party on...:steer:

They did it on mythbusters to see what would happen if you shift into D or P while at speed. I don't remember the make of the car, but nothing eventful happened.

Party on...:steer:

Pretty much most autos have a safety mechanism to keep from locking up the tranny.
Not all like it tho.

works

Nothing bad will happen as long as you are going over 60MPH. I've done it. However, I don't think the beers before getting behind the wheel and driving 60mph+ in a 2 ton brick are a good idea.

Common practice with C6's as well.

REALLY sucks the gunk out of the tranny..

Party Trick

My buddy has already pulled his transmission so I guess we will not get to try the party trick. Someone please do this and put it on youtube.

My buddy has already pulled his transmission so I guess we will not get to try the party trick. Someone please do this and put it on youtube.

It would be the ultimate boring video, but I guess a little reassuring.

I may do just that when i get mine fixed...waiting on a dizzy at the moment to see if that fixes the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom