Rocker panels and clips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello: need tips on installing rocker panel molding and clips - bought used ones here. I do not want to break the molding - has anyone done this here? '88 FJ62

Hello: need tips on installing rocker panel molding and clips - bought used ones here. I do not want to break the molding - has anyone done this here? '88 FJ62
I have an FJ60. A few of my rocker panel clips were broken and the trim was loose. I ended up using a putty knife to remove the whole chrome strip since it was difficult to replace just a single attachment clip while the molding was attached. Once the molding was off the vehicle I replaced all the clips that slide onto the molding, and a few of the hollow receiving ends that attach to vehicle. Then everything snapped firmly back together, no issues. Pretty sure these are the clips and receivers I ordered:

All your clips and screws are directly available from Toyota. 5 Clips on each side if I recall. I cleaned out the inside of the trim with soap and water and then put SylGlide on each clip to ease it in. Be patient. These things bend like Beckham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom