rocker arm O rings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rocker arm o ring..

I don't think this may be 25 specific but It is to simese motors. I don't think the guys in 40 tech will be as helpful since this a 64 is a real early 40

Anyway. WHere the rocker arm comes together at at the banjo for the oil feed there is a banjo, a fitting and a spring for the fitting. Is there supposed to be 2 O rings there too? I'm new to the F135 :frown:

Thanks:cheers: Nerd if you feel this needs to be in 40 that's fine..

Nope, no O-rings. The face of the banjo fitting and the face of the plunger provide the seal. Make sure the faces are not buggered up and that the plunger isn't sloppy inside the banjo fitting. :D

I have some dripping between the banjo and i think the plunger. I have pretty good oil pressure but the drip on 1 and 6 seems to be fairly light...

I'm guessing these parts can't be had new? Any way to remedy or should I live with it?

On most brake system banjo fittings there are a pair of copper washers, one on each side of the banjo. Are there washers on these banjo fittings originally? I don't know my F135 very well either so I'm asking both to help and to learn...

Nick

zebrabeefj40 said:
I don't know my F135 very well either so I'm asking both to help and to learn...

Nick

Here's what I know about functioning F135s:

No, wait...they leak oil for years after they quit

:) rust proofing

actually i'm getting a drip from the banjo to the rocker(not the banjo to the plunger. It's a pretty lame connection on toyota's part. My drip on the arms at 1 and 6 is better than I would have thought. It's nice to let is sit overnight and the oil let the oil drain off and watch it spout out.

It's amazing how clean this oil is..

It shouldn't leak much at all. It's much easier to go out the rocker arms (unless they're gummed up). The face on the banjo end could be buggered. If someone didn't have it fully seated last time, the vibration will mess up the face, easy to do and I've seen a couple that way.
oil.JPG

:doh: Ignore the external oil line and bent rod in that pic. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom