Road trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I tried to quickly sell my truck a couple weeks ago, but no takers on such short notice.... So I loaded her up and drove from Seattle to Tucson with a side trip through the recently burned parts of northern california and Yosemite. Because of my meandering, I put 2000 miles on it in 2 days... That is a tough drive in any vehicle, but 37" tires and leaf springs don't help. Plus, near the end of day one, just inside California past Yreka, my windshield blew in, making the rest of that day and the first half of the next extra noises and bug filled... I had a temporary solution installed in Merced midday of day two, then drove all night to make up time and to cross the horrible southwest desert at night (for me, not the truck).

The truck ran great, the ls1 has tons of power and ran nice and cool. The thing hauls up hills too, there are a couple long uphill parts (like outside of Indio in California) and I just blew by things in the passing lane.

Fortunately summer is just ending here in Tucson, so it will be comfortable to drive it for the few weeks before I am ready to relist.

It was a good trip. Now I will put it up for sale again in a few days after I get the windshield fixed properly and clean all of the bugs off of it. This time the auction will run longer to give people enough time to do their homework and feel comfortable with it. But I don't know how much more comfort you can take than a 2000 mile trip to prove it out...

If you know anyone,looking for a great ( but not perfect) truck, have them keep an eye out for it... I will post here in classifieds when it goes back up.

image.jpg

And the price is ?????

It will be an eBay auction. Starting bid last time was 18000, but the reserve was a little higher than that and not quite met on the short auction. Hopefully this next time. Looking to convert my toy into a good down on a house, so lets see how it goes.

Great to see your roadtrip went so smoothly. I noticed your auction a while back.

If you are heading back to Renton, maybe you could make a detour thru Napa/Sonoma area? A friend of mine wants a 45, but with much more HP than my pickup. Email me when time allows, if this route sounds OK.

J

have a nice journey

No return to Renton planned, moving to Tucson, this was a one way trip for the 45. I have to fly back up and drive down again itch my dogs in my 80 series once we are ready to move the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom