ripped off! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I've kept all my rigs off the street since last Halloween, when the neighbor kids decided it would be fun to egg my old K5.:mad: Last Wednesday I came home from volleyball and left the FJ60 at the curb for a change. Wife asked me why, and I said I was tired of being worried about that sheit all the time.

Next morning when we leave to make our daily run to FedEx [yes, we still ship from home!] we notice the neighbor's RAM has a rear cab window busted out.:frown: Come back from FedEx and my wife notices the driver's door on the 60 isn't closed all the way. I jump out of her truck and see the door isn't locked either. Look in thru the window. The glovebox, ashtray and center console are open. All the CDs I had in the truck are now GONE!:mad: They left the detachable face stereo, and all the great tools I have in the back of the truck.

I'm so old, I can't even remember how many CDs I lost! But I do know that they got all three of the CDs Butch burned for me that I had a chance to listen to and got to likin, including Austin Cunninham, Brian Burns and Steve Earl. Luckily, I can count on getting replacements of those.;)

And I know the bastiges that took em prolly tossed em in a dumpster once they realized they were not top 40 junk.:shaking:

Guess I'll get a clue and just leave copies in the truck in the future.:frown:

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Butch. I should prolly put up a list here as I find which CDs are missing,and hope others can contribute as well.

BTW folks, if'n there's something you'd like to hear me sing around the campfire, sending me a CD with that music on it sure can't hurt.;) That's how I ended up adding Copperhead Road to my repertoire last year!

List so far[still have a LOT of CD boxes to go thru]:

Austin Cunningham: Where I come from
Brian Burns: Songs of the Texicans
Steve Earle: LIVE
The Band: Best of the Band
Creedence Clearwater: Best of
Pink Floyd: Animals
Pink Floyd: Wish you were here
Smithereens: Best of
Elton John: Tumbleweed Connection
Neil Young: Harvest Moon
Tom Petty: Wildflowers

thanks again. Good talking with you too Butch.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom