RIP AKC's "Kona's Golden Sunshine" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nor_cal_cyclist

GOLD Star
Threads
Our 15yr 10 month and 14day old Golden Retriever has gone to the Rainbow Bridge 😭 :rainbow:

He was an amazing companion and defined the traits that make Golden's such good family members. Easily the most athletic/energetic Golden of the 4 I've had in my adult life. I know he's no longer in pain, but it really doesn't make the loss any easier. I still have my almost 11yr old Newfie that was brought into our home to help Kona make it thru a horrible bout of Separation Anxiety, but they have been described as a "bonded pair" and I fear I'll lose him fairly quickly too. These are the hard times we must deal with in exchange for the years of joy dogs bring into our lives.

Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

9F823AE9-0E46-42B8-A241-DB822CB9D503.jpeg
DSC01368.JPG
A097E8DA-43C4-45D1-AC29-67883E1689FE_1_105_c.jpeg
Kona.JPG
10D7BE83-74E8-442B-B32B-272B00D25932.jpeg
283443E2-3493-4B7A-8199-8B439C5D7FC4.jpeg
IMG_6720.jpeg

D03FA14A-F4F7-4CED-87FA-096D9BCBAEC7_1_201_a.jpeg

SO sorry to hear about your loss. Goldens are definitely wonderful dogs. (Actually ALL dogs are) We have 5 right now and an Irish Setter. We've lost other's in the past so I understand the pain. He was obviously loved and had a great life. Thanks for posting about the Rainbow Bridge.

Our 15yr 10 month and 14day old Golden Retriever has gone to the Rainbow Bridge 😭 :rainbow:

He was an amazing companion and defined the traits that make Golden's such good family members. Easily the most athletic/energetic Golden of the 4 I've had in my adult life. I know he's no longer in pain, but it really doesn't make the loss any easier. I still have my almost 11yr old Newfie that was brought into our home to help Kona make it thru a horrible bout of Separation Anxiety, but they have been described as a "bonded pair" and I fear I'll lose him fairly quickly too. These are the hard times we must deal with in exchange for the years of joy dogs bring into our lives.

Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

View attachment 3108406View attachment 3108407View attachment 3108408View attachment 3108409View attachment 3108410View attachment 3108411View attachment 3108417
View attachment 3108418
I relate so much . . .

15 years is a wonderful amount of time to be blessed with such a great companion. My heart goes out to you and I hope you and your Newfie will hold each other up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom