Rim Sizing and Offset Discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at getting a summer set of rims for my GX. I want there to be a bit more stick-out than stock sizing, maybe an inch or an inch and a half? I like the look of the tires being just outside the fenders or being even with the fenders. Rocking the stock suspension at 150k and patiently waiting for it to fail so I can upgrade. Any suggestions on rim widths and offset? Sticking with the 17" dia. for obvious reasons.

Since everyone has different tastes, I suggest you to check this thread, plenty of options.

Since everyone has different tastes, I suggest you to check this thread, plenty of options.

Thanks for the link to that thread! I have actually looked through that quite a bit and I do like a lot of setups on there, but I haven't found one that lists any offsets for the aftermarket rims. I guess what I would ideally be after is a table or something that outlines what offsets can used with different width rims. Probably nothing like that out there, but I wouldn't mind compiling the information and putting it into a table if the info was readily available.

^^^ those look like the new TRD pro wheels. Should be a direct fit with no issues. They seem pretty cheap honestly

Those are non-OEM Chinese rims. Lots of rims come out of China and many are just fine (including the Chinese rims on my GX). However, I'd be cautious of those ones as they are no-names...so the strength/testing/etc is all questionable. It might be worth looking on the Tacoma/4Runner forums to see if folks have had good luck with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom