RHD guys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just looking for a little insight about driving a rhd vehicle on Ontario. Does it feel weird? Is it hard to pass someone since I would think you can't see. I am looking at HZJ73/77 and Hilux surf but am a little leary of driving on the wrong side..

Thanks guys

no biggy driving rhd in ontario, or anywhere in N.america for that matter. just needs getting used to. just creep a little on the left turns at the intersection and lean over a little. and stay back from the vehicle you wanna pass to get a better angle/view of oncoming traffic. should be an easy choice b/w the hz and the surf...stay away from the surfs! bad heads! search here and you'll see all the posts about the 2lte heads blowin, the 3ltes are no different i hear.

yeah, weird at first, then it becomes second nature.
g'luck.

stay away from the surfs! bad heads! search here and you'll see all the posts about the 2lte heads blowin, the 3ltes are no different i hear.

yeah, weird at first, then it becomes second nature.
g'luck.

Everything I have read so far say the 3.0L diesel engine is one of the best they have ever made. But I will keep researching.. Thanks

Everything I have read so far say the 3.0L diesel engine is one of the best they have ever made. But I will keep researching.. Thanks

RHD is something you can learn easily and as Romey mentioned, wide left turns and staying back before passing. Getting used to the rear-view mirror and the turn-indicator on the opposite sides is just a matter of patterning your brain, although I turn on the wipers in my girl-friends car all the time when making a turn :)

The 3L is ok from everything I have read. The Surf might leave you disappointed if you want a real off-road vehicle though.

Cheers

cool, yeah, i've read/heard mixed things about the 3LTe. i guess yo'ure lookin at a 93 or newer hilux. they're still great rigs and good for regular dd duties. have you found a hz for sale in ontario?! got pics or deets on it? i know there are a few hiluxes here but the hz's are a little harder to come bye.

you should come out to one of our meetings if you're in southern ontario. there's a few of us with RHD and i'm sure you can get more personal info on them, maybe even test drive one. ;)

ALL 'L' series engines and the 'KZ' are s*** engines.
but don't take my word for it, go buy one but do take this advice...
make sure you have enough in your account for:
a new head ($4K installed)
upgrade the rad,
water pump,
exhaust sizing.
the tow bill
the motel room (since the head never fails in yoru driveway)

the fuel economy sucks
the power sucks

all in all, you will be a very unhappy individual.

but in reality what do i care, it isn't my frustration, my money or my happiness that will be affected. so please do go buy one and be another of the HUNDREDS that have thrown good money after bad.

Toyota did make a lemon... notice, Lemon starts with an "L"? ever wonder why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom