revolving shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was considering getting revolving shackles for my 72' fj40 but wasnt sure if it would be worth it. I have a 3'' lift now and thought they would make for better wheel travel. Where can I get the best lowest price and who makes the best ones. What do you guys think of them.

thanks Zach

There is a guy on the PBB who makes folding shackles - price was right IIRC, hopefully someone will remember his handle....

I'm not a fan of revolvers/folding shackles. I have a few friends with home-brew models and they don't work at all. And when they do work, it seems to occur during STEEP descents, exactly when you don't want them to.

If you have buddies running trails with you who have them and like them, then you likely will too. They are not for every offroad situation however.

im running revolvers on the rear of my fj-40 everyone i have talked to hates them. . but i guess im the only person who actually likes them. i havent had ANY problems with them. i love em!!

im running revolvers on the rear of my fj-40    everyone i have talked to hates them. . but i guess im the only person who actually likes them.   i havent had ANY problems with them.   i love em!!

I had revolvers on my 77, My fab guy said I would hate them, I thought he was just being stubborn, I went on one trip into the mountains of utah and hated them, unloaded on descents and didnt seem to help droop. The quality is there but the idea seems more like a bandaid than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom