reverse light on fj62 not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear reverse light fails to operate when I go in reverse. What should I look at first? Anybody know which color wires? Both sides do not work, does anybody know where on the vehicle the two wires junction? Thanks alot for the input!

fuse
bulbs
grounds
switch on the tranny

Those are the biggies....a test light will be a huge help all around!

Of course after you have tried a new bulb the place to check is in drivers side rear corner inside where the rear wiper bottle is. There's a connector for the rear wiring harness, follow the wire to the back up light and you'll know the color and look ahead of the connector for the bulges or breaks in the wire, careful of the connector itself could be the problem, a few years back I had to rebuild the connector( I got the pieces at a car stereo install place).
Good luck.
ERICH

Thanks for the suggestions everybody! I was wondering where are the contacts at the shifter? Do you have to disassemble the center console to get to them? Thanks.

The backup light switch is incorporated within the neutral safety switch which is mounted on the transmission. The neutral safety switch is a couple hundred bucks :'( . I'm not a work at the moment but I could get an exact number for you if you wish.

on fj40,s there are two wires that comes out of the tranny that go to the wireing harnest in the frame rail one wire is white and black the other is green and red hopefully for you they have just come disconnected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom