Reverse gear problem! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just got done rebuilding my a343f transmission and everything runs smooth and fine. The problem I’m having is that it seems like I’m not getting lockup in reverse. Like to back up I am having to get up to 2500 rpm’s. I don’t know if my shifting linkages out of place or if it’s something to do internally but I was wondering if any one had any idea?

To the top, having the same issue on a 1997 LX450

To the top, having the same issue on a 1997 LX450
I would start with a flush of the transmission and a refill with O.E. ATF to the proper level and test it out.

If it's just been rebuilt, the ATF was flushed. I assume the OP didn't get any responses; I didn't even see this wen it was posted.

@MSLX450 did you ever find a solution?

I also assume we're all responding to @studawg, so I have to ask, is your transmission also recently rebuilt, or is this a problem with a transmission with miles on it?

200k miles on the trans, has never been rebuilt, customer has never had any problems, fluid was flushed 10s of thousands of miles ago, all of the sudden today it just didnt like reverse. Its also making some high pitched squeaky noises while in gear, either D or R. Sounds kinda like fluid getting past some seals or something? Takes a lot of RPMs to get it to move in Reverse. The t-case also doesnt want to go into 4 Lo?? Then we put it in neutral, and it actually tries to go forward under only idle speed throttle!?!? We have sent it to the trans shop..... :meh:

Fluid level was correct, color was good, didnt smell burnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom